Our First Christmas together ornament.
We were married in the winter--after Christmas, so by the time our first official Christmas together rolled around, we'd been married 10 months! I'll never forget that first winter. We were living in Colorado and had the funnest snowed-in-completely-for-three-days-blizzard! Believe me, we really needed those three days! Hubby was working 16-18 hour days and I was home without transportation. I was also expecting our first little one and sick--soooo sick! The wind kept blowing the pilot on our furnace out so hubby would re-light it and climb up on the roof to try and cover the hole in the pipe where the wind was finding a way in. Then the cover would blow off and the pilot would blow out again--usually before he got back in the house. Of course the whole climb was a rather dangerous adventure considering the ice, the wind and the snow with drifts 4 feet high! Good thing was that we lived in a trailer park so our next door neighbor was REALLY close by. He finally lent us a little space heater and we huddled close to it in the smallest room of the house. Did I mention I was sick? Yeah, that smallest room was where I huddled most of the time anyway, if you know what I mean.
We were married in the winter--after Christmas, so by the time our first official Christmas together rolled around, we'd been married 10 months! I'll never forget that first winter. We were living in Colorado and had the funnest snowed-in-completely-for-three-days-blizzard! Believe me, we really needed those three days! Hubby was working 16-18 hour days and I was home without transportation. I was also expecting our first little one and sick--soooo sick! The wind kept blowing the pilot on our furnace out so hubby would re-light it and climb up on the roof to try and cover the hole in the pipe where the wind was finding a way in. Then the cover would blow off and the pilot would blow out again--usually before he got back in the house. Of course the whole climb was a rather dangerous adventure considering the ice, the wind and the snow with drifts 4 feet high! Good thing was that we lived in a trailer park so our next door neighbor was REALLY close by. He finally lent us a little space heater and we huddled close to it in the smallest room of the house. Did I mention I was sick? Yeah, that smallest room was where I huddled most of the time anyway, if you know what I mean. 

1 comments:
That is a sweet story, young love is definitely the sweetest love.
Hugs, Cindy
Post a Comment