Because of the tile job, trim and light fixtures in this little room, it HAD to go western. Without a lot of work and money, I was not seeing it any other way--not even shabby chic. =)
The cabinet has this little shelf where the previous occupants kept their aftershave and mouthwash. I tend to 'hide' those kinds of things in slightly more out-of-sight places, so I used an old lantern, bandana and a few rocks spray painted gold to make this little vignette. The Tombstone Arizona Territory gold bag is a genuine article, compliments of a find hubby made at work. Unfortonately, it was empty when he found it and has remained so other than more of those gold nuggets (rocks).
When I bought this burlap at JoAnn's the guy kept asking what I was making, so finally I told him a shower curtain. He couldn't believe it! Why do guys have jobs like that anyway?!?! Of course you have to use a liner! Yes, I know burlap is not water proof!
I used dark on top, light on the bottom and added a western fringe at the hem. I LOVE the grommets for the rod too! I had never used them before and were very fun and easy.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27


2 comments:
VERY nice, you are so creative!
Lovin' all of your pretty house decorating...Thanks for sharing your pics! Hope that you all are enjoying the holidays! :)
Post a Comment