Porches can be decorated to look so beautiful. They can appear warm and welcoming too. I love porches. They are homey and inviting and speak of the warmth and family just beyond. The thing about porches though, is that they are still on the outside...on the wrong side of a closed door. If the door remains closed, the porch will soon grow cold and just as lonely as the plains beyond. I am thankful for a Saviour who stood at my hearts door 'mid sunshine and rain and patiently waited and entrance to gain. I am so glad that he just kept knocking. I encourage you who may have left him on the porch, to invite him in. He will be a friend and a comfort like none other. He will truly make your life complete!
Have you any room for Jesus,
Have you any room for Jesus, He who bore your load of sin?
As He knocks and asks admission,
sinner will you let Him in?
Room for Jesus King of Glory!
Hasten now His word obey,
Swing your heart's door widely open,
bid Him enter while you may.
Room for pleasure room for business,
but for Christ the Crucified?
Not a place that He can enter,
in the heart for which he died?
Have you any room for Jesus,
as in grace He calls again?
Oh, today is time accepted--
tomorrow you may call in vain.
Room and time now give to Jesus,
Soon will pass God's day of grace;
Soon thy heart left cold and silent,
and thy Saviour's pleading cease.
Behold, He stands at the door knocking,
don't leave Him out in the cold.


2 comments:
Lovely analogy! Sweet sentiment! Inviting porch!
Very well said and so true, I'm glad for the love and patience of God.
Hugs, Cindy
Post a Comment