I always enjoy Charity's Finished Object Friday so much and always mean to link up...usually I get busy and forget. Today, I remembered...so I'm sharing a "few" things I've completed over the last couple of weeks. I love the inspiration I recieve from reading these and other blogs.
The girls remembered the candy pumkkins we made a few years ago and wanted to do them again. They are so fun and easy for kids. You just need candy circus peanuts and some sort of gum drop or tootsie roll (depending if you want brown or green stems on your pumpkin. Cut the candy peanut in half and "stick" it together- cut side down, with a small cut piece of the gumdrop. Let part of the gumdrop stick out the top for a stem. Draw pumpkin lines on with a toothpick or small knife.
Today, we did up a big batch of salsa. I have a great recipe that I shared here. http://rickarennkids.blogspot.com/2010/10/some-like-it-hot.html(Sorry, sometimes my computer won't let me link a word, and sometimes it will). Strange.
To kick of the Autumn season and the soon arrival of school, we made a Autumn looking cake. Chocolate Cake with Cappuccino Icing was a HUGE hit at our house!
We've also had an eventful week of Potty Training Boot Camp. This is one thing I have definitely been putting off and am so glad to have it an (almost) finished object. The story is here. http://rickarennkids.blogspot.com/2011/08/potty-training-boot-camp.html
With school just around the corner, we have been busy paining and decorating our new classroom! Read about that here. http://rickarennkids.blogspot.com/2011/08/wisdom-knowledge-and-understanding.html
And finally...I FINALLY completed the shower curtain in the girls' bathroom. Read that post here.http://rickarennkids.blogspot.com/2011/08/raggedy-red.html
To kick of the Autumn season and the soon arrival of school, we made a Autumn looking cake. Chocolate Cake with Cappuccino Icing was a HUGE hit at our house!
We've also had an eventful week of Potty Training Boot Camp. This is one thing I have definitely been putting off and am so glad to have it an (almost) finished object. The story is here. http://rickarennkids.blogspot.com/2011/08/potty-training-boot-camp.html
And finally...I FINALLY completed the shower curtain in the girls' bathroom. Read that post here.http://rickarennkids.blogspot.com/2011/08/raggedy-red.html 

5 comments:
I saw the pumpkin picture on FB and wondered how you made them. So cute!! :) Everything else looks great too.... yummy salsa! :)
Wow! You've been busy!
Would that happen to be a Teleflora Father's Day truck? Just wondering. I know they had a blue one several years back.
@ Amanda...No, I picked that up at Ross a few years ago. Thought it loked fun and fallish--and it has been! :) ~Karen
You have been a busy mama, that is for sure. I love those little candy pumpkins, they would be fun to make with my youngest grand kids.
I am going to check out your salsa recipe, it looks good!
Have a great day.
Hugs, Cindy
Post a Comment