Below is a shot of our classroom. I got the desks from a friend and painted them. The tops are done with chalkboard paint. I'd still like to find some chairs at some point that look more "schooly" but it all will come in time.
Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established. And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
With school beginning just around the corner, I was thinking this an appropriate “theme verse.” But, what does it mean? It uses the words wisdom, knowledge and understanding, but aren’t they all the same thing?
By wisdom is the house builded.
Wisdom.
With school beginning just around the corner, I was thinking this an appropriate “theme verse.” But, what does it mean? It uses the words wisdom, knowledge and understanding, but aren’t they all the same thing?
By wisdom is the house builded.
Wisdom.
Wisdom is the comprehension of what is true or right coupled with optimum judgment as to action. Wisdom often requires control of one's emotional reactions (the "passions") so that one's principles and not feelings determine one's actions.
The house spoken of here refers to the life as a whole. Not only the inside, but not only the outside either. The house is where the family lives and learns (whether your house is a homeschool house like mine or not). The house of God, the church of the living God, is built by Wisdom, that is, by Christ; on a good foundation, a rock, upon himself, against which the gates of hell can never prevail. My “house” may be unique and may stand out on my block, but I must follow God’s blueprint. There is no glory in being exactly like all the others and at the same time, there is no salvation found in being different simply for the sake of being different. The previous two verses warn us against envying another man’s house or studying destruction. See, the evil man studies as well, but his study is that of mischief. Wisdom says that I alone am responsible for this house. To tear down another’s house will not aid the building of mine. A critical spirit or a tongue that tears down others will only make my own foundation weak.
The house spoken of here refers to the life as a whole. Not only the inside, but not only the outside either. The house is where the family lives and learns (whether your house is a homeschool house like mine or not). The house of God, the church of the living God, is built by Wisdom, that is, by Christ; on a good foundation, a rock, upon himself, against which the gates of hell can never prevail. My “house” may be unique and may stand out on my block, but I must follow God’s blueprint. There is no glory in being exactly like all the others and at the same time, there is no salvation found in being different simply for the sake of being different. The previous two verses warn us against envying another man’s house or studying destruction. See, the evil man studies as well, but his study is that of mischief. Wisdom says that I alone am responsible for this house. To tear down another’s house will not aid the building of mine. A critical spirit or a tongue that tears down others will only make my own foundation weak.
Understanding.
By understanding is it established.
Understanding is a relation between the knower and an object of understanding. Understanding implies abilities and dispositions with respect to an object of knowledge sufficient to support intelligent behavior. The prosperity of a one's family is continued and secured by his prudent conduct. The church of God is established by Christ, who is understanding as well as wisdom. Every true believer is established in Christ, and in the faith of him; and that as he has more and more an understanding of him and of divine things. I think understanding is like step two. It’s knowing how to accomplish what you already know to do. It’s not only KNOWING that I need God to guide me as I build, it is understanding how to hear his voice and sense his direction. Without understanding, wisdom will never get the house built.
Knowledge.
By knowledge is the house filled.
Knowledge is a familiarity with someone or something, that can include facts, descriptions, information, and/or skills acquired through experience or education. When I become familiar with God, he can then fill my life with all precious and pleasant riches. Things that are both of worth, value, and usefulness, and for ornament and delight; the more private and retired parts of a man's dwelling house, as well as his shops, warehouses, barns, and granaries, shall be filled with all kind of valuable substance. This may be understood spiritually, of the fullness which the church has from Christ, and of those unsearchable riches of his she receives from him; and of those treasures of wisdom and knowledge, which the chambers of the soul of a believer are filled with by him; and of all the riches put into them, which are both precious and pleasant; such as precious promises, pleasant doctrines, the valuable truths of the Gospel, and blessings of grace.
This is my prayer for my house (my life) and the little houses (the children) my husband and I have been given the privilege and responsibility of helping to build. I plan to keep these things in mind during the coming school year.
The Bible always amazes me...how powerful it’s message. As occurs over and over throughout the Bible, I also saw here a clear message of holiness.
1. Wisdom sees the need.
2. Understanding accepts the cure.
3. Knowledge brings the filling of The Spirit.
Sources: Biblios, E-Sword,

1 comments:
I love your school room.. wishen I had me one of them :)
Post a Comment