Thursday, August 25, 2011

Raggedy Red

I finally just completed a project that has been itching me ever since we moved into this house. Six months ago. No...almost 2 months ago. Crazy when it feels like it has been that long. Anyway, I had a white eyelet shower curtain in the girls bathroom and it was just not speaking to me.
Too pain.
Too bland.
So, I thought I'd be the smart one, save money and dye it dark demin navy.
I tried.
In fact, I tried twice and still ended up with a washed out purple blue color.
Not good. I finally gave up on it and it now rests in a small "donate pile" in my garage.
I had some white eyelet leftover from another project several years ago, so I paired it with some red gingam from Walmart. So happy that our Walmart carries fabric again, btw. It was so easy. Just 3 yards, right sides together with a ruffle between. I added a row of eyelet to to bottom, turned down the top, hemmed up the sides and there you have it.
I am finally happy with this room!The Raggedy Ann decor is stuff I saved from Kalli's baby room. Raggedy Ann is one of my favorites and I knew it would come in handy someday.Here is the "before" picture. Don't you think the added color really makes the room pop? In hindsight I see that I should have just picked up a yard of the red gingam and added ruffles to the existing eyelet curtain, but...too late now.
I have a good friend who picked up the enesco figurines where she works at Ben Franklin clear back 9+ years ago when I was expecting baby #2.
I love them!
While I was in here today, hanging the curtain, inspiration struck.
(Don't you love it when that happens?)
You'll see the empty hooks on the little shelf in the before picture. I was at a loss what, if anything to hang on them.
Inspiration: fold the tiny napkins from tea set to hold tiny plates from tea set.
I priced one new shower curtain that I did like at $45, so I feel pretty great about the $8 I spent here.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Cindy

Your shower curtain is very pretty! I love Raggedy Ann and what a great idea to use your RA goodies in the bathroom. I love it.
Hugs, Cindy

The Dickinsons

Very cute! Yes, the shower curtain does make the room "pop!" =) I love RA things too!
Have a blessed weekend!
~Heather~

Crystal

Beautiful, you can come to my house anytime and decorate : )

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27