This is Kammy getting ready for her dedication. She's wearing a dress big sisters wore and laying on a blanket that mommy made especially for her!
I mentioned this before, but she was the easiest going baby ever. Below, she is just home from the hospital, content and having a little chat with her daddy.
These photos were all before my digital camera craze, so I had to pull them out of the scrapbook and scan them. Kayla and Kalli had more than their fair share of sister spats, but when Kammy came along, she gave them something different to focus on and everyone actually got along much better! =)
Of course, looking at them in these sweet pictures, you would never believe that they ever fought at all. I was one happy mommy!
Kammy asked for another horse party this year. Now 4 out of 6 parties have been such!"Blow hard, Kammy!"
She is at the funnest age. Six is awesome! She woke up literally bouncing and saying, "I'm six years old today, I'm six years old today!"
She was so grateful for all of her gifts, but the best part came when I was tucking her in for the night. She said, "Mommy, thank you for the wonderful party! You are the one that made it special--Mommy, you always make things so special for us!" There are a few things about that little articulate statement that thrill me:
1. I am proud to have a 6 year old who is thankful. One who does not have an entitlement spirit--who is not selfish!
2. The way she articulated her thoughts. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think many girls her age can express themselves so honestly or so well.
3. She noticed! Let's face it, a mom's work often goes un-noticed. We just do what we are supposed to do. There's not really such a thing as going above and beyond, and if there was, we wouldn't get a bonus for it anyway. Her little heartfelt thanks was like a bonus to my heart--a great big hug, and I walked on air from her room back to mine. =)


3 comments:
Your little 6-year old Kammy is adorable. I love her beautiful long hair, we also encourage and teach that a woman (or girl) should have long hair.
She is very articulate. You home school your children, don't you? I have heard that home schooled children are often the most intelligent children around.
Have a wonderful day, my friend.
Love and hugs, Cindy
Beautiful, your girls are so beautiful!
Such a sweetheart. I think she got her cheerful spirit right from her mother. Thank you for updating your physical issues. I've been praying and hope the drs. will be able to treat you soon.
Post a Comment