Thursday, December 9, 2010

9th day of Christmas

Once again, I can't take credit for the idea of this 'painting'. I copied Centsational Girl. I have to say that it was one of the easiest, fastest and funnest projects I've done in a while! Maybe I will have to buy some more canvas....MUCH better than sewing!!! I had most of the paints on hand, so I just picked up a cheap canvas and a few 39 cent holiday pics. The rest of the little vignette was made with stuff I already had.
Okay, now that I have drawn your attention to the painting, I have to show you the mantle. Hubby decided that I needed a mantle to decorate and hang stockings from, so he made this without my even asking him! I think it may have had something to do with Kammy asking where we were going to hang stockings this year. He is an old softie when it comes to any of his girls! He used a fence post scrap for the front and other wood scraps he had lying around for the rest of it. I LOVE the color he stained it!
Then, I found these scraps of Christmas fabric for a buck a yard and was inspired to make new stockings. They are smaller than the old ones, which means I won't have to buy as much 'filler' and I love the old country look they have!
And now, I am off to finish another little project. Have I mentioned that I don't like sewing? Well, when you have four daughters who love fabric stores and plead sweetly for new Christmas skirts...you sometimes do things you don't like so well. Sigh...
Photobucket

2 comments:

Tammy @BeatriceBanks

That is really cute! My you've been on a creative streak! Love the stockings!

Pamela

Tammy @ Beatrice Banks sent me to you and I'm so happy. Your mantle and new canvas is so nice. The things we do ourselves always add such love to our homes, I think.

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27