Tuesday, December 7, 2010

8th day of Christmas

Variations of this Pottery Barn knock off are available literally all over the internet. Rather than try to give credit to the first 'copy cat'... since I'm not sure who that is, I'll just tell you how I did mine. I bought me a couple of JoAnn's 60% off candles in an eggshell color and a bottle of Mod Podge. I chose Modge because it is considered safe to burn. That's important in case I want to light these candles someday.

Next, I tore a couple of pages out of an old thrift store hymnal. (You could also print something off the internet or make a photocopy of your favorite song.) I cut the song to fit on the candle and painted the back of it with Modge. Then I stuck it on the candle and painted a few coats of Modge on top. I'm anxious for them to get that slightly burned look. In fact, I wish I had taken the pictures with them lit. You know me though...no patience.

I chose old favorites of everyday type music, but Christmas music would be great too, especially if you were planning on packing them away with the Christmas stuff. I'm thinking mine will stay put a while, because I am kind of enjoying them! :)



Photobucket

3 comments:

Tammy @BeatriceBanks

So pretty!

Cindy

Thsoe are lovely, I have been wanting to make some, I love yours. And I love that old song, Rock of Ages.
Hugs, Cindy

Pauline

Dear Karen, I found your blog via Cindy, I'm so glad I did :o) I'm always happy to meet fellow sister-in-Christ. Thank you for sharing your craft tips with us. This is something I would like to try but not sure if I will be able to get the glue that's safe to burn. If not, my candle will only be for ornamental purposes, lol. That's not so bad, I guess.
Have a blessed day.

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27