Just beautiful, huh?
It wasn't without its potential. Sturdy cabinets, large, lots of light....it only needed a little work. Easily done, right?
Well, nearly two months later, here it is.
New countertop complete with clearance table tile and Craigslist sinks. A fresh coat of clean white paint on the cabinets.
Miles and miles of wallpaper were removed and replaced with a plank style wall. We bought the wood planks at lowes and after my handsome handy man put them up, I painted them white, then antiqued them with a bit of navy blue paint which I watered down to about half paint half water and then wiped most of it off completely with a rag. I was kind of going for a bit of a shipside feel. The porthole I ordered off of amazon and printed a lighthouse picture from our trip to the Oregon coast to go inside. Most of the decor is thrifted or homemade. The other walls are painted Aqua. They too, were covered in wallpaper. After removing it, I used drywall compound watered down to the consistency of clam chowder and finger textured the walls using a gloved hand. I LOVE the result!
The bathtub has a shower, so hubby (he's a handy guy to have around) built me a linen closet there after he also tore out the old shower. Most of the boards are from a zillion storage shelves that are in the garage here at the house. (Story for another day.) the bottom cabinet holds laundry baskets.








1 comments:
It looks awesome! Y'all did a great job. I especially love that last picture :) I have a few pics of a little guy wearing those same undies, haha!
Post a Comment