Saturday, July 18, 2015

The littlest room in the house...

One more room has been checked off the to-do list. I know it's not really in right now, but I still love this Americana/Raggedy Ann and Andy theme. But, I'm getting ahead of myself. I need to start with the before photos. 
Does that not kind of give you the creepy crawlies?!? There's just no way to describe a carpeted bathroom, except nasty....and then there is the small issue of that wallpaper.
Those countertops. That mirror. The cabinet. And all those towel rings. 
We again painted the cabinets and installed new hardware. The countertop was on sale at Lowes. It was a little short, but with the addition of the headboard backsplashes, you'd never know it now. The sink is original and matches the toilet, but we splurged on a new faucet, which matches the new lighting and soap pump. The mirror is from Hobby Lobby's half off sale. After hours of wallpaper removal (I have no confidence in any of the methods I tried...there is only one cure for wallpaper and that's to not use it) I painted the top half and hubby put a nice beadboard chair rail up around the bottom half.
This room is very small, just a powder room, so it was difficult to get good pictures.
Can I just say how much I love the tissue holder? So much easier for little people and big boys to change the roll. (I can dream, right?) The flooring is the same as what runs throughout the entry, halls, kitchen, main bath and laundry room. It's from Lumbers Liquidators and is luxury vinyl. We've already had people mistake it for real wood and the bonus is that maintainance is a breeze. Hubby installed the toe mould to match. It gives it a classier feel and prevents many scuffs on the nice white baseboards. 
The curtain was made from scaps in my sewing basket and replaced some lovely 80's lace ones. 
The Raggedy Ann figurines are from enesco and were in my second daughters nursery. I just love transformations and crossing things off lists. It makes me positively giddy. 










0 comments:

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27