Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Christmas Kitchen

 
I have never done "Christmas" in my kitchen before. I have Christmas stuff for the dining room, but I've never known how to have Christmas with the chickens. This year, I decided to try and add a few touches of the season here too. Inside the old farm truck, we put a Christmas tree--I can just imagine a happy family going out to a local tree farm and cutting the perfect one. Santa in the kitchen was printed off the internet and I just put it on a sturdy piece of cardboard with modge podge.
 Since I am always worried about keeping my chicks warm in winter weather, I thought the chickens might feel the same and we made little scarves for some of them. I also splurged on a few peppermnt plates. I really like the look of peppermint candies at Christmas!
 Here are a few more chicks with mufflers and the Rooster got a Santa hat! I planned to get red and green M&M's for the chicken feeder, but that hasn't happened yet.
 Hubby bought me the gingerbread people who really help make a festive statement in the kitchen. I put my Christmas cookie cutters out on display as well. The Reindeer Rootbeer is actually a giftie--but I am enjoying it in the meantime!
 Our girls love hot chocolate on winter nights, so I decided a hot chocolate bar was in order. The Hershey's tin was my Grandma's and we used canning jars of various shape and size for the ingredients.
 Would you believe that I've never even had Christmas mugs? No really. I decided on the thrift store variety rather than a boring matched set. The one in the tin is just like one I used to drink out of at my Grandma's house.
 Kaite and I are the oddballs here and don't even like hot chocolate--but we enjoy tea or cider much the same way.
Closing with a picture of Kaite playing blocks with her brotha' Keg'rick. She is so excited! I am too--but the surgery nerves are starting to set in now that it's only 10 days away. This is section #4 and has been a bit of a high risk pregnancy, then add in my recent health problems--mitral valve prolapse and all that good stuff. Yeah....I'm a little spooked right now. =) Appreciate your prayers!


Photobucket

6 comments:

Patty Sumner

Oh Karen what a beautiful blog... I am so glad I found you... I am following along. Your kitchen is adorable and Love the way you decorated our Chicks for Christmas.. I am a pastors wife and have been for about 28 years. My husband now serves as a chaplain for the Federal prison system.. I hope you will stop by and visit with me and follow along with me... we have much in common in the Lord. Blessings!

Unknown

Love the decor! Can't wait til my computer is fixed so I can share some of mine!You will be fine with your delivery! God will keep his hand on you! God Bless!

The Dickinsons

Love your Christmasy touches to your kitchen. I too bought a peppermint plate this year. (You can imagine my EXCITEMENT to find one all the way down here in Colombia. =)

Love your hot choc. bar. Cute idea. The tin full of supplies and the variety of mugs makes it all the more fun.

Cute pic of your baby bump and your daughter "playing blocks" with her brother. =D

Sorry you are nervous. I can't empathize for I've never had to have C-sections, but my sister has had 4 and has told me that they are NO fun. I'm PRAYING LOTS for you. I've only "met" you on blogger, but I find you coming to my mind often and I try to PRAY that all will go better than expected. So GLAD that Jesus will be with you.

Blessings,
~Heather~

Dreamin'

Love you cozy Christmas looking kitchen!! :) Hope your little guy arrives safely...I am sure you both will do great!! :)

Brittany

Cute pics, Karen! I love the Hershey's tin =) I'll be praying that all goes well on surgery day! Having had 3 sections myself, I can understand your shaky nerves - especially with your health concerns. (that's one reason I keep putting off #4! Well, that and the AWFUL sickness....) But I'm quite certain that Jesus can handle it, and will take good care of you and baby! ;)

Pamela

Love the Christmas touches. I was eyeing the gingerbread dolls since my kitchen houses a whole colony of them. Love the hot choc. station--my fav. right now is blueberry tea. I'm a fan of mish mash, too.

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27