I had lots of help with decorating this year and it all went up real quickly. These are just two of my fabulous assistants. They had a lot of fun making bells on bobtails ring as they dashed through the snow.
When I took the fall things out of the wagon at my front door, I had the sudden inspiration to wrap up a couple of empty boxes old-fashioned style and I love the way it turned out!
Thanks to pinterest, I learned that you can do multi-use on those tomato cages. I simply inverted them and wrapped them in Christmas lights for VERY cheap trees.
The hall closet sports green twine and clothespins all ready for the Christmas cards we HOPE to receive this season.
Here is a project that I left to the hubster this year. Oh, I supervised, but I thought he did a really great job. I love the addition of the old-style bulb lights.
This has become a favorite scripture of mine this season, for several reasons, so when hubby was working on a wood project yesterday, I begged some pallet pieces and painted away. I am down to no brushes, so I used a little 3 inch water color brush I borrowed from the kids. I should have waited, but I have ZERO patience.
This is as close as we have to a mantle as we have, but I really like the look anyway.
I'm using the little wood candle holders that Rick made me and I like the way they look for this season even better than the last.
My blue dining room decor.
Getting very close to 37 weeks!
That's it for this years merry tour!
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)




4 comments:
Very pretty!! Your decor is inspiring!! I hope I get most (if not all!) done this week... waiting on hubs to help me put up the tree, his time is limited because of school. I have been wanting to try the tomato cage idea so I guess I'd better get my garden cleaned out this week too! :)
Looks great! I may have to put my little helpers to work and see if we can get ours done this week! You look great to be 37 weeks =) I felt like a BARN by then ;)I had that same dress - loved it, it was SO comfy!
Glad y'all had a Happy Thanksgiving. Love your Christmasy blog look. The gifts in your wagon are adorable. Loved the arrangement that your husband helped you with (I'm guessing 'cause it was too high for you to safely do right now. We wouldn't want to repeat the Humpty Dumpty story. =)
You did a GREAT job on that verse. SO NEAT! That verse was very SPECIAL to me as well when God gave us our first son. Wow! The thoughts of God giving HIS ONLY SON to die for this wicked world is beyond me. WHAT LOVE! =)
Great idea using the tomato cages for Christmas trees. =)
You are looking great. Praying for you and baby.
Enjoyed the Christmas tour.
Blessings,
~Heather~
Your Christmas decor looks wonderful, you have accomplished a lot for a 37 week pregnant lady! A very pretty one at that. You must be feeling pretty good right now, I hope so at least.
Love and hugs, Cindy
Post a Comment