Sunday, November 18, 2012

Project Baby

My list making skills are improving all the time, and I am happy to say that I'm also becoming quite adept at crossing things off said lists. It's not at all new for me to have "project lists" in the days leading up to a new baby. See, I know that once baby is here, I will want and need lots of rocking chair time.

Many of my projects actually have my husbands name on them--at least on the execution of them. He's been a real trooper about it all! Below is a picture my talented aunt painted for my parents many years ago. It has been needing a new frame of a rustic nature. All I had to do was give a good description and after a little time on Saturday, the project was complete. Scratch one item off the project list and off the Christmas too! Yay!

 Project Baby is coming along nicely as well. I am trying not to think about all the weight I'm going to have to work off afterwards. This has been a long and interesting pregnancy--seems like something new was around every corner all the way through. I'm relieved to only have 3 weeks left. Now it is time to start dreading the surgery and being away from my other kids for a few days while we recooperate in the the hospital. Below is the 36 week bump photo.
Back in February, we re-did our master bedroom as our 15th anniversary project. You might remember this post, or maybe this one, or finally this one. Well, anyway, all this time we had one more little detail in the plans. It never seemed to be in the time or money budget though, so finally we agreed that it would be our 2012 Christmas gift to each other....a little early.
 Here it is....a street sign coat tree. We found a good deal online for the custom signs, which actually turned out to be the least expensive part. When I was born, we lived on Harmony Lane (my parents are still there) and Rick's family resided in rural Pennslvania on Rural Route 1. After some brainstorming for a less the $50 post, hubby ended up using a $5 PVC pipe and building his own frame from old pallet pieces. He spray painted the pipe a steel gray and if you didn't thump it, you'd never know it wasn't the real deal. It worked out great for adding the smaller PVC pipes on which to hang things. Of course, I'm in love with the completed project.
It's a bit of an unusual piece, but I'm all about unique and unusual. I really like decor with meaning--not just pretty pieces.
Project Christmas shopping is complete and everything is even wrapped....just waiting for the tree, which always goes up the day after Thanksgiving. I have a few goodie baskets and things like that which will have to wait, but I've even done the planning and made the lists for those. I've written a rough draft of our Christmas letter too, but will have to add a few last minute details. Later. =) I think I've become just slightly OCD, but what else is a girl to do in the last few weeks of Project Baby?
 

Photobucket

2 comments:

The Dickinsons

Thanks bunches for your sweet Thanksgiving comment. As always, it was a delight to hear from you. After I read your comment, I realized that I NEEDED to add this (below) to my Thanksgiving blog post. (Thanks for the reminder. =)
"I'm VERY THANKFUL for each of you, my blog readers and friends. You'll NEVER know how much this blog, and you reading it, and your nice comments help my heart not to be SO LONELY for our family and friends back in the USA. (ESPECIALLY during the Holidays!!! )"

Karen, Loved reading this post. Your baby bump is looking cute. I CAN'T BELIEVE that you have just 3 weeks. (I'm sure the time has probably crawled for you, but the rest of us are saying, "Wow! Where has the time gone?" =)

I too am happy to have you as a blogging friend, and would love to meet in "real life" some day. =)

Neat picture your husband did. And the street sign tree is such a fun clever idea.
Congrats for having all of Christmas purchased and WRAPPED! YEA!

We'll stay posted to see WHEN there is any baby news from your corner of the world. And in the meantime, I'm PRAYING that all goes GREAT!! =) Can't wait to meet your handsome little guy.

Happy Thanksgiving to y'all too!
~Heather~

Brittany

Wow - you're on a roll! Love how organized you are. I hate to think where I'd be without my LISTS! Cute projects, and cute pics ~ Let the countdown begin!

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27