Saturday, February 25, 2012

One more thing....

Are you sick of the master bedroom yet? Well, just bear with me on one more thing and then we will get on with the cleaning of the closets. =) I mentioned to hubby that our room needed a few maps, so he said to mount one on some of the leftover sheet metal. Great idea! He printed a great vintage map for me and I just drew on "Our Journey to Happily Ever After." The journey starts in the state of our births....
....and travels to the state of our first meeting. It makes a stop in the state of our first home and ends (at least for now) in the state we now reside. I just Mod Podged it on the metal and then hubby added all the "pretty" screws and a piece of plywood behind to steady it. I'm slowly working on more photo books to chronicle our travels as a married couple. They will be added to the stack of those already in the wash tub there. Once again, let me say how much I LOVE decor that means something--it's so much more "meaningful" than the generic stuff you can buy in the store. =)
Here is a little better picture of what else we did with the corrugated metal. I really think my husband was pretty creative with it here. The cool thing is that this nightstand looks great from all sides, so I can switch it up for a little variety.
One more little look at the map. I've had my fun for the day, now I really must wash the girls hair, make dinner for tomorrow and tidy the nest. Thanks for journeying with me! Happy trails to you, til' we meet again!

Photobucket

2 comments:

The Dickinsons

Love the map idea. Cute!

~Heather~

Cindy

That is so fabulous and unique, Karen! Wow, maybe you should pin your ideas, they are so creative!
I love the idea of chronicling your happy trails. I love that you have all of these wonderful reminders in your bedroom of the life you have created for yourselves.
Hugs, Cindy

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27