Sunday, November 4, 2012

Camping out while we wait for Kade

This past Saturday, my sweet friend Heather hosted a shower for Kaderick at our house. Heather has sort of taken the position of local "Auntie" for our Little Mr.
The shower was open house style so there was not a lot of pressure on me and there was time to visit with all the guests. Kade is still camouflaged--or in hiding for now, but in a few weeks (5 or less), he will be so happy to wear all those adorable clothes and diapers. Okay, so mommy will be happy, anyway. Smile. 
Heather works early morning shift so she had been up many hours by the time this photo was taken. I told her that early morning shift is much the same as mommy shift, but then, she's a mommy so she knows that. I really appreciate her offering to do this special thing for me--and for being my loyal friend!
 The shower theme was both easy and adorable, using mostly items we had on hand to decorate and the very boy colors of camouflage and hunter orange. Yes, camouflage is a color. Smile.
 For shower favors--the fun water bottles.
 The cake? Adorable cake pops that Heather made and so cleverly placed in a BOAT for display.
 The veggie tray was a new, clean tackle box and little tin coffee cups served up the dips. We also had one of mommy's favorites--gummy worms. They of course were served from tin cans. So darling!
 We had a really great turn out--a full house! I so appreciated all my friends who came to help me celebrate!
 Kaderick got such NICE useful gifts!
 One of the fun things Heather did was to have each guest sign the back of a diaper with a special message for me (or daddy--MAYBE) to read while changing little diapers.
 The decor was simple and yet probably the most awesome I have seen for a shower, the whole afternoon was filled with fun guests--there was someone here from start to finish, and I did quite well sitting and visiting although I have to admit total exhaustion by the end of the evening.
 
 
Photobucket


3 comments:

Brittany

Aw, everything looked so cute - what an awesome shower! I wish I could have "dropped by" ;) The cake pops in the boat was such a clever idea!

The Dickinsons

I agree, your baby shower decor was ADORABLE! Heather did a great job. Love the tackle box veggie tray, the tin cans holding the gummy worms, love the little logs and pine cones...everything was cute!!

Congrats! Not too many more days/weeks, until we will all get to meet your little man.
=)

~Heather~

Cindy

What a fun theme for your shower. I love it and am so happy for you!
Hugs, Cindy

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27