Monday, January 2, 2012

A new day!

I've never been big on New Year celebrations. Maybe I'm funny, but to me, it's just another new day. I'm thankful though, for ever new day. If I have a resolution this year, it is much the same as last year....every year....every day. It would be to slow down and enjoy the moments more. Enjoy my family more, my friends more, and even God more. For example, Kaite is wearing a little dress in this picture that all of our girls have enjoyed. I can remember fairly well when Kammy wore it, but it seems so long ago that Kalli did, and it's almost hard to believe that Kayla was ever that size.
I guess what I'm trying to say is PRIORITIES. Yes, the house will still need cleaned, we will still have to do laundry, and the meals will not cook themselves in the New Year either, but I want to be careful not to lose the "moments." Sharing a cup of java, a smile, a laugh a hug, a conversation with a friend or family member. These are the things I cherish most in life. I resolve to be a better person, not by doing more, but by doing LESS. Thanks to all my blog friends for the inspiration, encouragement, love and prayers throughout 2011, may your New Year be joyful and blessed of God!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Connie Snodgrass

Thank you, Karen! I always need to be reminded of these things. When I drop the girls off at school, I watch them until they are out of sight in case they might want to turn around and wave one more time... I try to tell myself to stop and look at them in the eye when they are talking to me... (not always easy!) So thankful you decided to stick around! Love you, girl!

The Dickinsons

Very cute post...and it's exactly how I feel too!

Praying for you!

~Heather~

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27