The best part of Christmas is kids. I love seeing the awe and wonder in their eyes. I love knowing that they understand the reason for all the anticipation, festivities and decorations. Here is Kammy's sweet little purple tree (her favorite color). It is decorated with a string of horse lights, which we found at the thrift store this summer. She has been waiting all these months to use them!
I know it's not Tuesday, I have gotten so off schedule-- but here are a few of the latest "tiny words"Kammy (very seriously) "I've done lots of lies in my life, but I always forgived myself for them."
Kammy: sitting, looking at the angel on the tree, "So, the devil used to be an angel and then he got FIRED right?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Overheard from the 5 year old, "I think you should quit making fun of boys. You can't get born without boys!" (HUH!?!?)
Overheard from the 5 year old, "I think you should quit making fun of boys. You can't get born without boys!" (HUH!?!?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kammy at the parade, "I hope that the grand finality is a manger scene!" She was very disappointed that there was not more of Jesus in his birthday parade.
Kammy at the parade, "I hope that the grand finality is a manger scene!" She was very disappointed that there was not more of Jesus in his birthday parade.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not sure what happened but daddy was teasing Kal and she began to cry. Of course daddy was saying how sorry he was and I heard Kalli say, "That doesn't help! You really ought to know after 9 years of having me for a daughter that I have very sensitive feelings!"
I'm not sure what happened but daddy was teasing Kal and she began to cry. Of course daddy was saying how sorry he was and I heard Kalli say, "That doesn't help! You really ought to know after 9 years of having me for a daughter that I have very sensitive feelings!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kammy has done "take away 1." Today we were supposed to learn "take away 2." Before I could get the learning blocks out and explain, she had two pages done perfectly. She said, "Nothing to it, mom! Take away is just counting backwards!"
Kammy has done "take away 1." Today we were supposed to learn "take away 2." Before I could get the learning blocks out and explain, she had two pages done perfectly. She said, "Nothing to it, mom! Take away is just counting backwards!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kali: I am starved and ready for lunch! Kayla: You are always ready for lunch! Kalli: No, I'm not. Sometimes I am ready for breakfast or supper.
Kali: I am starved and ready for lunch! Kayla: You are always ready for lunch! Kalli: No, I'm not. Sometimes I am ready for breakfast or supper.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


2 comments:
I always love what they say!
Those are great!
Post a Comment