Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The family dog...

....okay, so he's Kammy's dog (and the next best thing to a horse) but we all like to claim him--well, sometimes anyway. He is NOT a house dog. I have this opinion about animals in the house, and while it's comepletely personal, I'm also entitled to it. I have found that ALL dogs shed--and smell--why even my kids and I shed and the hubby smells. (haha) Yep, I have enough to deal with in here.
Last night, however, he had just had a bath and was looking so sweet that I let him pose under the Christmas tree. My heart may have been somewhat softened by the fact that he nearly died this summer. I'm going to go ahead and admit that even I was in tears. Evidently the previous renters left decon on the property here, and while the landlord "thoroughly cleaned" the house and shed (yeah, right....it was FILTHY!) they never noticed the numerous packets in the garage, shed and yard. Strange. In my humble opinion, they should have found and removed it, especially since they DID approve our pet. Funny, but....people don't always honor my opinions. I decided maybe it was how they operate...charge a huge pet fee and then kill the pet. That way they get the money and don't rish the damages. Do I sound bitter? I'm really not. I am thankful. My children learned the power of prayer and even the strength of God's comforting arms during his doggie hospital stay. I have to say, he looks pretty classy and we are thankful he is still around to get that HUGE bone Kammy insisted on buying him for Christmas.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Cindy

You sound like me, I am a "No dog in MY house", person, too. He does look very pretty, or handsome seeing as how he is a boy, posing in front of the Christmas tree.
Hugs, Cindy

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27