The girls and I whipped up a few last minute gifts. Some easy peasy fleecey scarves. They are warm and comfy and as you know, fleece comes in the funnest colors and prints! I've been asked by several for a tutorial, so here goes....

I used 1/2 yard of fleece for each scarf. You can totally play with the width here--I made some narrower ones for the little people. Just bring the fleece home and fold it in 3 even rows the long way.

See? 1, 2, 3.

Now cut, so that you have 3 long strips all about the same width.

Sew all 3 long strips together using a tight seam down the middle. Make sure to backstitch or tie off the ends securely.

Then, make cuts all the way down both sides, making sure not to get too close to the middle seam. You'll want these strips about 1 inch wide.

It will take about a million cuts, so use a good fabric scissor, and you shouldn't get a blister (like I did.) Of course we did make 14 of these....and that might have something to do with the blister.

Throw your finished product in the dryer with a softener sheet to freshen it and fluff it. The center seam will not be as visible after you do this.

If you have a dog, you can now go out and play with him AND stay warm on a cold winter day....that or you can just beg your mom to let him in for a while.

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27
2 comments:
I made three of them yesterday. :) Planning on doing a couple more....Thanks so much for the idea! :)
Very cute idea~ thanks for the tutorial! I think maybe even I could handle that one ;)
Post a Comment