Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A new dress for Kaite

I found some perfectly adorable cowgirl fabric at Hobby Lobby. I was sure Kammy would want it, but she didn't like it because the horses on it were not real. It was too cute to pass up though, so I made one for Kaite.I used a red t-shirt for the top. The bottom had this pretty trim, so instead of throwing it away, I used it to make ruffles down the front.Then, I cut the sleeves off, because I prefer 3/4 length to long for little ones. I put a little elastic in the sleeves to make them pretty. Then, I took what I had cut off, rolled it, and used it to make a "flower" for the top of her dress and also one for her hair.For the skirt, I just did three simple ruffles, trimmed in red rick-rack.The fabric has little cowgirls in ruffly dresses riding rocking horses and stick horses.I think Kaite is going to be a little cowgirl too!
She loves her dress!
Oh, and so does Kammy now that it's done--guess I get to make another one now!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown

Cute! I need to get to making some dresses for my little gal... Checked the clearance page at Children's place today and decided that making dresses is quite fun!! :-) The one really cute play dress I saw was still $18 on their 60% off clearance - and they were out of her size anyway. Sorry, but I just AIN'T paying that for a dress that's going to be outgrown in less than 6 months! Good thing I like to sew!

Denise :)

What a sweet dress -- and what a darling little girl. Good combination there! :)

The Dickinsons

What a fun little dress...you did a great job. (And what a cute little girl! =)
~Heather~

Cindy

What a darling little dress and Katie looks so sweet in it. You did a great job on it, you made it look very unique and stylish.
Hugs, Cindy

Laura Engle

Karen, you are just way too creative. I love all the little ideas that went into this creation. I must say that I am not very great at the sewing thing yet, but you make me want to keep trying:)

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27