Pie is not really what this post is about, but as a bonus I thought I'd share. This is a favorite of my family. It's called Caramel Apple Cream Pie. All you do is bake your bottom pie crust (don't prick it) and sprinkle with a layer of crushed pecans. Pour over that about 1/4 cup of caramel icecream topping. Then, cook your apple pie filling as you normally would and pour those apples over the caramel and pecans. For the cream cheese layer, mix together, 8oz cream cheese 1t vanilla, 2t lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar. Carefully spread that over the apples and Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. I love the way my kitchen smells when I make this!
Remember in my last post, I said that Kammy wanted a dress like Kaite (only she wanted a skirt and top seperate.) Got 'em done!
I wanted something unique for her top, so we did a fabric 'K'
There was barely enough fabric left to make some sweet little curtains in the girls' clubhouse above daddy's tool shed.


6 comments:
Karen, just wanted to show some bloggy love and let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award, here is the link to the post on my site for the details http://storybookscience.com/2011/10/the-versatile-blogger-award/
Yummy looking pie. Cute dresses and that's a fun place for your girls to play! =)
Loved #15 on the list. Sounds like my Kimberly! She H!A!T!E!S! bugs! =)
Thank you for your sweet comments and Prayers! They mean so much! =)
Have a super day!
~Heather~
Oh my word, I think I gained 5lbs just reading about that pie. That sounds sooooo good! I'm going to have to try that!
The dresses are adorable too. You are so creative!
Their rules are cute, and they even spelled out the punishments! Too cute!
I love the dresses, they are both very sweet. The Princess Palace is every little girls dream house. How nice that they can play up there.
I hope you are having a really wonderful day today. Have you been feeling better? You haven't mentioned your health for a while, I hope it is improving.
Love and hugs, Cindy
Hey, Cous'
You made me hungry looking at that fabulous pie...and you know that it pretty good, seeing as how this gal feels lately:)
I got a grand chuckle out of the wonderful play house. I would have adored such a place as a girl!
Way to put aside those motherly fears and let your girls have fun:)
Don't you love that "love Jesus" is first on the list? Such a special play place for your girls.
Post a Comment