The other day someone asked about making doll clothes and it got me to thinking about all the doll clothes we have. I don't think I realized how very lucky I was to have a Grandma who sewed for me...and my dollies. I wonder if my girls realize how lucky they are to have them handed down?
I think every dolly has a complete wardrobe!
I found it rather funny though--that when I went in their room to take some pictures, this was the only dolly that was actually dressed. They must be girls. You know how it is..."a closet FULL of clothes, and nothing to wear!" :)
I did not want to spend my day dressing baby dolls....I mean, I just finished dressing the real dolls....so I just grabbed a handful from the drawer and took a picture.
Most of the dresses have little matching panties, and a bow on the back so little mommies won't get confused!
There are lots and lots of little blankets too!
There are also Barbie clothes, including wedding dresses & veils for the ladies and overalls for the farmers!
Memories are special and something no one can take away. Some are better than others, but I have learned that time can even make beautiful memories out of hard circumstances. I am going to try and post several "Memory Monday's" throughout this year. Monday's are busy days here at the Pink Parsonage, so don't expect one every Monday.
I think every dolly has a complete wardrobe!
I found it rather funny though--that when I went in their room to take some pictures, this was the only dolly that was actually dressed. They must be girls. You know how it is..."a closet FULL of clothes, and nothing to wear!" :)
I did not want to spend my day dressing baby dolls....I mean, I just finished dressing the real dolls....so I just grabbed a handful from the drawer and took a picture.
Most of the dresses have little matching panties, and a bow on the back so little mommies won't get confused!
There are lots and lots of little blankets too!
There are also Barbie clothes, including wedding dresses & veils for the ladies and overalls for the farmers!
Memories are special and something no one can take away. Some are better than others, but I have learned that time can even make beautiful memories out of hard circumstances. I am going to try and post several "Memory Monday's" throughout this year. Monday's are busy days here at the Pink Parsonage, so don't expect one every Monday.

5 comments:
Loved seeing all the pictures. I read your answer about all the things your Grandma made but this post helps me visualize it. What a treasure you have--complete with memories!
(Love the new design for your blog)
AHH< I remember Grams making my dolls clothes and she tried to show me how, but I figured why would i need to know, if she would continue to make them for me, THEN Karen was born and I didn't get near has much attention. LOL
It was worth it.
Great memories Karen and I am thankful foryou!
Oh you are so fortunate to have had a grandma who sewed the dolly's clothes. My Grandmother did sew us a few, but we 4 sister shared them and I don't believe there are any surviving doll clothes.
I did dew doll clothes for some of my granddaughters' dolls last year and intend to do that for 2011 Christmas presents.Love this post~ ( I know what you mean about little girls and un-dressed dolls!)
Beautiful doll clothes! What a wonderful and beautiful thing to pass down to your daughters from your grandma. Thank you for sharing.
I awarded you a Stylish Blogger award. Details on my blog. I hope you get many new visitors to this special blog.
Post a Comment