Monday, August 9, 2010

A Window of Opportunity

I have been wanting an old window for a very long time, but if you hadn't noticed, what some people were so happy to get rid of a few years ago, has become a very hot item...with a price tag to match! I'm not one to justify spending 3 times the original value for an item just because it is ancient, so I kept waiting. The other day, my dream came true and my good friend Heather came to see me bringing with her a very old, dirty, ugly window. I immediately saw a window of opportunity. :) I actually think it has a beauty all it's own just the way it is pictured here.
I couldn't leave it quite so wretched looking, so I took it to the garage and washed, sanded, primed, painted and then sanded some more. (Oops! better give the hubster credit for the first hose washing and some of the sanding...just in case he reads this). He receives no credit for any of the painting, and he did not make the little window valance where the broken glass came out.
He did help me hang it though, and yes...I know I am mixing styles a bit here, but we are moving soon and I really didn't want to go to too much trouble re-decorating. Besides, I rather like it...and I hear that 'matchy-matchy' is not all so 'in' right now anyway. :)
I love the character of the old, chippy, peeling paint look.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Jad Smith

Ohh. I really appreciate with your work. If man think then everything is possible. Thank you..
Windows Dallas

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27