...because time has a way of telling us what really matters.
First. Sharing a random picture from this weekend. My sweet baby who is both the answer to my prayer and one of the biggest trials of my life :) and my hubby who works so hard and is so patient and kind to ALL his little girls...myself included!
I want to take time for the important things, but what are they? Maybe no one else ever feels this way, but with 4 children and a husband and a home to tend, not to mention being in ministry.... I sometimes feel 'spread-too-thin'. When I am reading to Kammy, I should be holding Kaite. When I am holding Kaite, I should be folding the laundry. When I am folding the laundry, I should be helping Kalli make chocolate chip cookies. When I am helping Kalli make cookies, I should be shoe shopping with Kayla. When I am shoe shopping with Kayla, I should be snuggling with the hubby. Does anyone know what I am saying here? Am I selfish to sometimes desire a little 'me-time'. Maybe a bubble bath, or coffee with a friend who talks my language? I didn't even get started with the extended family obligations, or the duties of ministry. The worry and stress of providing for a family...wondering what tomorrow holds? If a gal isn't careful, she can get to feeling a bit overwhelmed and maybe even a trifle sorry for herself.
I was thinking of the scripture from Galations 6:9. "Be not weary in well doing for in due season, we shall reap if we faint not." I truly think it is a trick of the devil to make stay-at-home-moms feel as if they are not 'well-doing' and when you look around you at the parents who have seemingly failed, it has to scare the *boogey water* out of you! Verse 8 says that he that seweth to the flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption but he that seweth to the spirit, shall of the spirit reap life everlasting. I realize that I may be taking this out of context a bit, but as a mom, that means to me that if I am selfish with my time and affections (in any area of my life), I will reap it in the lives of my children. They are my harvest!
Verse 10 tells me to do good unto ALL men, but first unto those who are of the household of faith. Ahh! All of the sudden it is pretty clear. My own family first, then those we have been called to minister to but NOT to stop there! This verse tells me to prioritize and shows me how!
Snuggle the baby when her teeth hurt (which must be most of the time), read to the 4 year old and take the time to help her decorate the horse's mane and tail. Make the cookies with the eight year old, take the extra time to visit with the 12 year old, be patient when it takes f.o.r.e.v.e.r. for her to make a decision. Pick up the telephone and call the parents, drop a note to the siblings, make a pie for the sick, take an evening stroll with the hubby. Best of all, sit at the feet of Jesus...thank Him for the small things and suddenly you will realize they aren't small at all!
*boogey water = snot. In Kammy-eze.



0 comments:
Post a Comment