The other day, I found this pitcher at the thrift store. At almost $5, it was a little more than I like to pay for someone else's old junk...but I was in love, so I gave in. That and the man I love was along, he is bad about spoiling! He and my mother are alike that way...they think if you like something that means they should buy it for you. :)
Below, you see the sunflower feed sack. I was helping a friend this week go through clothes that had been donated for charity and we found this piece of 'sacking' (whatever you call it). I sewed it back into a sack and filled it with empty plastic bags and found a new home for it above my kitchen cabs!
The key in the picture below, I picked up at a Yard Sale last week. At $1, it was another splurge. That's okay though, because the same lady sold Kalli her old bridal veil for .25 and two marshmellow shooters (don't ask) at .10 a piece. It also goes great in my pink and black bathroom and I didn't even have to paint it!
I love when someone else's something old becomes my something new.
Below, you see the sunflower feed sack. I was helping a friend this week go through clothes that had been donated for charity and we found this piece of 'sacking' (whatever you call it). I sewed it back into a sack and filled it with empty plastic bags and found a new home for it above my kitchen cabs!
The key in the picture below, I picked up at a Yard Sale last week. At $1, it was another splurge. That's okay though, because the same lady sold Kalli her old bridal veil for .25 and two marshmellow shooters (don't ask) at .10 a piece. It also goes great in my pink and black bathroom and I didn't even have to paint it!
I love when someone else's something old becomes my something new.

4 comments:
Ya know, I think I get a bigger thrill buying old junk than new stuff any day! I love your finds, and that sack is just too cute :)Oh yes, the marshmallow shooters... some kind soul gave some of those to my boys for Christmas one year. They've since been um "relocated"... Maybe girls are nicer with them! :)
You are so creative. I really like your new blog look. And you know, a pink and black bathroom is really different, I think I might even like something like that!
I've actually been thinking about doing a feature on my bathroom. As for the blog look, I only changed because I got a notice from cutestblogontheblock that my layout was expiring! I never heard of such a thing...anyway, I had to find a new one.
Love finding "treasures."
Post a Comment