Well...it was! Very boring! I hate to sew! Oh...did I already mention that? This was one of those "I feel obligated" projects. Our office chair was completely in shreds, but the frame was still perfect. I had a good bit of that clearance table vinal left from the 4-wheeler project (not pictured yet...hubby is still working on his part) and had no clue what I'd ever use it for. When I priced new office chairs, I decided it was my 'Proverbs 31 duty' to at least give this project a try.
I'm no pro, but I tore the old stuff apart and used it for a pattern and sewed up this new one all before noon today. Perhaps my haste shows a bit, but it's better than it was and much cheaper than a new one...even a craigslist new one! Score!
I'm no pro, but I tore the old stuff apart and used it for a pattern and sewed up this new one all before noon today. Perhaps my haste shows a bit, but it's better than it was and much cheaper than a new one...even a craigslist new one! Score!

4 comments:
Good Job, Karen. You are going to grow to love sewing if you aren't careful.
Nicki
Wow- it looks awesome! Just like a new one :) I, too, dread sewing like the plague, but usually end up plugging away at it in an effort to save a dollar. I'm about to recover a simple rocking chair - you need to come help me!
I'm sure that with your creativity it will put mine to shame. Just make sure that you take pics of it as you're taking it apart, because it is easy to forget which piece goes where. I was wishing I'd done that. Other than that, it's not really that big of a deal, you just use the old fabric for a pattern, and you can't go wrong! :)
Good chair Mom!
Post a Comment