I'm adding this to Finished Object Friday with Charity at Fresh from the Chari Tree.
Years ago, (back in the days of stereos) Rick built me this custom cabinet according to my very specific plans. We used it until one of our moves and gave it to my parents. Recently, we were reunited (they got tired of it and we got it back). I had just the spot for her!
I made one of those ever-popular, blog-fad burlap runners. I'm lovin' it! Actually, I made two because I 'needed' one in the office too!
I got the hubs to add some of that chicken wire to the back of the cabinet. It just ties the whole thing together!
On the top, that's a genuine chicken feeder from the farm store on top of my red pie plate. The rooster, hen, and chicks, I've had for nearly 20 years...when I first decided to go with chickens as just a teenage girl. See, I told you I'm stuck in the mud!
The little tea tin was my grandma's button box. It had russian tea in it some 100+ years ago. I'm not sure if it came from there with her ancestors or if it was imported later. Whatever the case, it's old and it's beautiful!
Down below, the baskets hold toys and other storage. Once again, the hen is happy! That is important because while the rooster may crow, the hen delivers the goods! The rooster is actually pretty happy himself. He is the proud owner of a new (used) 4-wheeler. I thought I was done with the projects for a while, but he just informed me that he'd really like me to make some camo covers for the seat and back cushions for his new 'baby'. Sigh...
I made one of those ever-popular, blog-fad burlap runners. I'm lovin' it! Actually, I made two because I 'needed' one in the office too!
I got the hubs to add some of that chicken wire to the back of the cabinet. It just ties the whole thing together!
On the top, that's a genuine chicken feeder from the farm store on top of my red pie plate. The rooster, hen, and chicks, I've had for nearly 20 years...when I first decided to go with chickens as just a teenage girl. See, I told you I'm stuck in the mud!
The little tea tin was my grandma's button box. It had russian tea in it some 100+ years ago. I'm not sure if it came from there with her ancestors or if it was imported later. Whatever the case, it's old and it's beautiful!
Down below, the baskets hold toys and other storage. Once again, the hen is happy! That is important because while the rooster may crow, the hen delivers the goods! The rooster is actually pretty happy himself. He is the proud owner of a new (used) 4-wheeler. I thought I was done with the projects for a while, but he just informed me that he'd really like me to make some camo covers for the seat and back cushions for his new 'baby'. Sigh... 
6 comments:
Love everything-so country.
Yes, and someday country will come back right? At least that is what I keep telling myself. LOL!
I love your coop! Great idea to put the chicken wire on the back of the cabinet :) I'm not so lucky, I've gotten rid of things like that, and then later I wished I still had them!
For what it's worth, I don't think chickens ever went "out". They're really big now with the country french fad, so you're really styling! :)
Thanks Brittany! I feel 'all better' now. JK!
Hi Karen,
Brittany is right, chickens and roosters are very in. Unlike geese, they have endured, thanks to the French decor, no doubt.
Your bookcase looks really sweet, I remember feeding our chickens and they had a feeder just like yours.
Hugs, Cindy S
Very cute!! I love that shelf, and the chicken wire behind it is perfect there! I love the feeder and the tea tin too.
And may I reinforce that you chickens have never really gone out of style. We just got some CUTE chicken/french country plates and salad bowls in at the store. We were actually discussing a while back how the chickens have never really gone out. :)
(PS - Sorry about my delay in commenting... thanks for joining in on FOF!) :)
Post a Comment