Sunday, July 18, 2010

How they grow!

I have a project going that involves chicken wire and burlap, but it's not photo worthy yet, so...here is yet another post involving my on-going, never-ending 'pink project'. Pink #4 appears to have some tom-boy features.....Here she is though, in a more feminine moment. She's wearing a dress I made and one I actually like! Remind me to use that pattern again.
She's getting to that fun stage where you can teach her to do just about anything you want in a few seconds. She loves 'giving five' and when we say "so pretty", she puts her hand up near her cheek and cocks her little head.
"So funny" will cause her to cover her mouth with her other little hand. I pray that we are teaching her and all our children more than just little tricks...the responsibility of 'training up a child' is a sobering thought.
I feel like I have a hundred little projects going right now and I hate that feeling. My impatience likes things DONE (not doing). I'm working on getting things in order for the new school year, thinking about catching up the last few months worth of scrapbooking, thinking about packing for a move (keep your fingers crossed), and working on my latest decor project. Yesterday, I took a day off (mostly) and made a 'few' hairbows for the girls. They wear out, ravel, get rumpled, and I was inspired recently by all the people I have seen making new ones. This is just a sampling. I made one of each of these for my four girls and a few extras for Kaite who sometimes wears 2 at a time. All together, we ended up with 35 new bows yesterday!


Okay, so stick around...... tomorrow, I'm getting out the sewing machine and the chicken wire! Yikes! That doesn't sound very healthy for the sewing machine! :)

4 comments:

Crystal Roberts

You are funny (the last comments about chicken wire and a sewing machine!) Can't wait to see what you come up with! Wish I was just a wee bit more creative!
And for some I think Kaite KNOWS she's cute lol

Brittany

Could that little girl possibly get any cuter?! I just wanna squeeze those chubby legs :) I love her dress - great job! I'm with you on the impatience...I'm afraid my impatient "git er done" mentality drives my slow thinking hubby crazy :) Anyway, good luck with the next project!

RicKaren

I have one of those "slow-thinking" hubbies too! we drive each other crazy! LOL!

Our Family for His Glory

What adorable children!
Jessica

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27