Monday, July 19, 2010

Sidetracked...

While I was waiting to get inspired to haul out the sewing machine, I got busy with something else. I already had the frame, so I just pulled the old picture out and used one of my burlap scraps. I would love to tell you that I painted all this on with a brush, but I didn't. I used a big fat permanent marker. I did do it freehand though, do I get points for that?

I had some little decorative brads that I stuck in the corners.
Wow! We were 'established' a long time ago!
Oh! And then there was this little side-track too. The 'little green head', as it has been affectionately named. It's just a styrofoam ball with faux greenery stuck all over it, plunked on top of a candlestick. I like it though.
Kammy was up early with me, so I gave her a piece of burlap and a marker to keep her busy (and quiet). She practiced her letters, asking me how to spell everyone's name. When she was done, she held it out at arms length and examined it. Then she proclaimed, "I couldn't have done better myself!"

3 comments:

Crystal Roberts

I'd definitely give you points for that! It looks great!
Love what Kammy said!

Down Blueberry Lane

Here I thought you stitched this. Did you use a permanent marker?

RicKaren

Suzie, Yes. It's just simply permanent marker on burlap!

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27