Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Remembering...

We thought that Kalli would never get here. In fact, she was so late that I finally gave up on her. I was due during camp meeting and we would come home in the evenings and walk and walk and walk, but the minute we quit walking, the pains went away. Rick was working Saturdays at the time and when I finally did go into labor (two weeks later), I was in shock I think. I called the doctor and told him what was going on and he told me to come right in, so I called Rick and told him to come home as soon as he was done working. Then I washed my hair, mopped the floors and changed the bedding. My parents were at our house to get big-sister Kayla and Rick was in a hurry to go to the hospital and have the baby. I was in no hurry, but finally they dragged me off. newborn
As it turned out, we had time. Kalli wasn't born until 1:33am Sunday by cesearan. She met the world screaming mad. She was a BIG, beautiful baby who screamed every night for 4 hours and then slept the rest of the night through! When she was a week old, we took her to church for the first time and she looked around at everyone like she was a month old. Maybe that's because she was supposed to have been born a month earlier! :)
1 year old
Kalli is the most affectionate little girl ever! She loves to hug, cuddle and snuggle. Her daddy is always saying that Kalli's future husband needs to be warned that she is high-maintainance in the hug and affirmation department!

2 years old

She keeps us laughing with her humor. When I was going to have her little sister Kammy, Kalli would pray every night, "Momma not have a baby, momma not be sick!" When Kammy was 5 months old, I asked Kalli why she was STILL praying that. Her reply: "I just don't want it to ever happen again!"

3 years old

Kalli is the only one in our family who sleeps in. All the rest of us are morning people, but Kalli can sleep and sleep! Well, daddy probably could sleep a little longer (at least on the weekend), but someone always manages to wake him up.
4 years old

Kalli likes pretty, prissy things. She likes to dress up like a 'fancy lady' and play old-fashioned things. She has been known to wear a coffee filter on her head pretending to be Amish!
5 years old
Kalli is always on the look-out for the other person. She wants sausage pizza for her birthday, but requested a special small pepperoni pizza for her sister who does not like sausage! She loves 'old things' and yard sales. Just this last Saturday, she found some real 10 cent treasures at a yard sale!
6 years old
Kalli has always been a bit of a momma baby. She loves to go places with daddy and likes to spend the night at Grampapa's house but usually has to struggle to hold back the tears for momma.
7 years old
Excitement is running high at our house for her 8th birthday party tomorrow. On her birthday wish-list is a barbie with a wig, a fancy-lady hat and gloves, and a barbie doll cake! She is very specific about details. For instance, Grandma is supposed to bring an un-nutty pistachio salad.

4 comments:

Crystal Roberts
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal Roberts

I absolutely love this post and how you describe her, what a wonderful mother you are I am SURE! What a pleasent read!

Brittany

Happy Birthday to Kalli! sounds like a fun party :)

ajg

Happy Birthday Kalli. It just dawned on me that it did happen again ~ Mom had Kaite ~ she is more high mainteance than Kammy was ~ and even more than you were. You are so sweet and Grampapas Love you so much. We are excited to celebrate tomorrow with you.

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27