Remember my 'vintage' tea towels from this post? Well, I finally got inspired and completed the project. Since my kitchen is farm-ish, I wanted them in chicken wire frames with barnwood. When they started demolishing an old farmhouse just down the road, I talked the hubby into scrounging around down there and we found some old wood that was perfect. The local farm supply store sold me a roll of chicken wire for under $5 and I drew up the plans (told the hubby what I wanted).
They are all made from 'scratch' by the guy who 'rules the roost' around here. As it turned out, he had to make a new frame for the chicken picture too because the old fancy one just didn't work anymore. He's a perfectionist, so it took some time convincing him that they needed to look a bit rough.
I have about 5 ft of chicken wire left...any ideas what I should do with it?
They are all made from 'scratch' by the guy who 'rules the roost' around here. As it turned out, he had to make a new frame for the chicken picture too because the old fancy one just didn't work anymore. He's a perfectionist, so it took some time convincing him that they needed to look a bit rough.
I have about 5 ft of chicken wire left...any ideas what I should do with it?
5 comments:
She would love it June! Leave it to a 'Modge' to think of that! :)
June, that is cute what you said about Kammy.
You know I like it! :)
What a wonderful idea, and it turned out beautiful!!! Pretty funny how you drew up the plans lol
Post a Comment