Camping season has finally begun! I may have mentioned it before, but we LOVE to camp! In fact, we usually opt for several small inexpensive camp-outs rather than one big vacation. Family time spent around a campfire is unbeatable!
We like to explore new camping places but sometimes we choose an old faithful spot. This time we went to Sage Hen. As we drove through I would tell the kids, "We camped here or there when I was such and such with so and so and this or that happened." They love my stories! Sage Hen was my second home as a kid. :)
We have a favorite camp spot on the Hollywood Point side of Sage Hen Reservior but this time someone else was 'favoriting' there. We camped there nearly 2 years ago when I was going to have Kaite and the doctor had just told me to go ahead and go and enjoy it as much as I could because there was really nothing they could do, that there was no heartbeat and I would be losing the baby. I walked down to the water one lovely sunset night and cried and prayed asking God for a miracle. This time, we took our little walking, jabbering 'miracle' along! God is indeed good and he does an awesome job with sunsets too! (Sunset from that night is pictured in previous post).
Four pretty girls on sitting on a log. Can't believe they are mine...I am blessed!
The wild sunflowers are beautiful on the drive up!
And here is our pretty little campsite.
Kalli found some styrofoam and pine needles and let her creative juices flow making arrangements for the table.
She's looking up to her daddy with big adoring smiles.
A couple of campers.
Fishing from the dock. I think all daddy got done was casting and baiting for 3 small girls.
Campfire cuddles are the best kind of cuddles!
Kammy patiently waithing for someone to take her fishing.
The girls really enjoyed feeding the geese who actually ate out of their hands.
Kaiters was getting a wee bit sleepy.
We hiked up to Sage Hen falls.
Kammy rode and rode and rode her little bike.
Sweet Kam at the falls.
A happy camper...at the moment.
She was big stuff in that big 'ole chair!
Standing up on a boulder near the falls.
Babycakes our first night out. She sensed the excitement and was voicing her enthausiasm. In fact, maybe it's just me but I think she looks a little ornery here.
I've never yet been camping and wished I wouldn't have gone. This time was no exception in spite of 1 carsick child, 1 dead truck battery, a bit of rain and hail and 2 flat tires! I think the whole idea there is exchanging your current set of troubles and worries for another set and realizing how truly blessed you are in the big picture.
We like to explore new camping places but sometimes we choose an old faithful spot. This time we went to Sage Hen. As we drove through I would tell the kids, "We camped here or there when I was such and such with so and so and this or that happened." They love my stories! Sage Hen was my second home as a kid. :)
We have a favorite camp spot on the Hollywood Point side of Sage Hen Reservior but this time someone else was 'favoriting' there. We camped there nearly 2 years ago when I was going to have Kaite and the doctor had just told me to go ahead and go and enjoy it as much as I could because there was really nothing they could do, that there was no heartbeat and I would be losing the baby. I walked down to the water one lovely sunset night and cried and prayed asking God for a miracle. This time, we took our little walking, jabbering 'miracle' along! God is indeed good and he does an awesome job with sunsets too! (Sunset from that night is pictured in previous post).
Four pretty girls on sitting on a log. Can't believe they are mine...I am blessed!
The wild sunflowers are beautiful on the drive up!
And here is our pretty little campsite.
Kalli found some styrofoam and pine needles and let her creative juices flow making arrangements for the table.
She's looking up to her daddy with big adoring smiles.
A couple of campers.
Fishing from the dock. I think all daddy got done was casting and baiting for 3 small girls.
Campfire cuddles are the best kind of cuddles!
Kammy patiently waithing for someone to take her fishing.
The girls really enjoyed feeding the geese who actually ate out of their hands.
Kaiters was getting a wee bit sleepy.
We hiked up to Sage Hen falls.
Kammy rode and rode and rode her little bike.
Sweet Kam at the falls.
A happy camper...at the moment.
She was big stuff in that big 'ole chair!
Standing up on a boulder near the falls.
Babycakes our first night out. She sensed the excitement and was voicing her enthausiasm. In fact, maybe it's just me but I think she looks a little ornery here.
I've never yet been camping and wished I wouldn't have gone. This time was no exception in spite of 1 carsick child, 1 dead truck battery, a bit of rain and hail and 2 flat tires! I think the whole idea there is exchanging your current set of troubles and worries for another set and realizing how truly blessed you are in the big picture. 
1 comments:
Love this post, and all the pictures. How do you camp with the little ones? So enjoy your posts and your take on life Karen!
Post a Comment