Friday, May 14, 2010

A Mother's Day Sundae for Mother's Day Sunday!



If you followed my old blog, you already saw this, but since I am having so much fun over here, I thought I'd give this Finished Object Friday stuff a try. I made these little sundae's for all the mother's in our church and a few extra for some other special moms I know. They are super easy, and since I was super busy this year, super easy was exactly what the doctor ordered! And no...the idea was not original. You might have seen them. They are all over the internet. I started with a sundae cup from Dollar Tree and poured in some pink strawberry bath salts. Add to that a 'foamy' mixture of epsom salts and baking soda and a white bath scrubbie for whipped cream. You can get the bath salts just about anywhere and the scrubbies are 2 for a $1 at Dollar Tree. The hardest part for me was finding a 'cherry' (I didn't think soon enough to get them ordered). Finally, I ended up settling for a pink cherry. Guess it doesn't look TOO bad. I tossed a few of the pink bath salts on top for sprinkles and stuck in a straw to make it look more 'authentic!' You could get really creative with these and do them in the clear starbucks cups with brown salts...just like a macchiato. Hubby (bless his heart) kindly designed the little cards for attaching to the side.

6 comments:

Brittany

I LOVE this idea, and I have saved it to my "idea files" for future reference :) The cards are pretty cute, too - you both did a great job! :)

Charity

What a cute idea!! I love it! They would make great gifts for anytime. Hmm... I'll have to bookmark it too! :)

Thanks for joining in on Finished Object Friday!! :)

RicKaren

Thanks girls! ;)

Andrea

They are adorable! and somehow I haven't seen this idea before :0
Cute little poem too!

Jennifer Truitt

Welcome to blogspot! Yours is set up really cute!

Kristi

This is too adorable! :)

~Kristi

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27