Here are a few things from our week that found it into my book of memories this past week.
As you might know, Rick began working from home recently.
I’m not sure how this “working from home” thing is going to work. His son just busted in on the branch account manager getting ready for a conference call and loudly proclaimed, “Rev. Spice Boy is working in his home office!” 
Having “Rev. Spice Boy” around all day is proving to be a little distracting for all parties involved. This will work out eventually, we’re adjusting.
Having “Rev. Spice Boy” around all day is proving to be a little distracting for all parties involved. This will work out eventually, we’re adjusting.
(PS, The whole Rev Spice boy is a family joke thing.)
============================================
A few of you may have received this one in text because, well, it was just too cute to wait.
Kaite and Kaderick were having a bit of a “fight” and apparently Kade was on the upper end of things. Quite honestly I don’t pay a lot of attention. I tend to let them work out their own issues unless things get really out of hand. No, I'm not lazy, I've just found that this works well most of the time and they really rarely fight. Anyway, Kaite said. “He that is slow to anger (evidently inferring that was her) is better than the mighty (Kaderick).”
Kaderick wasn’t impressed, he said, “Arggh, Kaite! Why do you have to choose this time to abide by the scriptures??!!”
Kaderick wasn’t impressed, he said, “Arggh, Kaite! Why do you have to choose this time to abide by the scriptures??!!”
============================================
I’d just finished mowing both the front and back yard tonight (which I always do and enjoy, btw) and stopped for just a bit to talk to my husband who was moving a wheel barrow load of dirt. About that time my somewhat nosy neighbor moseyed over and said, not in jest, “Must be nice to stand around and watch your husband do all the work.”
Let it be noted that I really like 99.9% of my neighbors, but this woman annoys the bejeebers out of me. I can’t say I like her much, so I have to resort to loving her and she gets smiles and friendly waves, treats and baked goods right along with the rest of them. (Of course, I also stand around and watch the hubby make all that stuff too.)
Let it be noted that I really like 99.9% of my neighbors, but this woman annoys the bejeebers out of me. I can’t say I like her much, so I have to resort to loving her and she gets smiles and friendly waves, treats and baked goods right along with the rest of them. (Of course, I also stand around and watch the hubby make all that stuff too.)
I’m not a big baker, er....I’m not big on baking I should say, but I surprised the family with chocolate chip cookies today! 
Now that my I’ve eased my conscience a little, I’m going to go stand around and watch the hubby work.
Now that my I’ve eased my conscience a little, I’m going to go stand around and watch the hubby work.
Why didn’t anyone tell me that when your husband works from home it’s just one more kid after which to clean?
Really, it's great. We love having him around here.
======================================
Too many people forget that "ministry" is not about pastoring a certain elite church, or being tied to a certain name. It's not about what's in it for us....it's about finding the purest joy and contentment in God's will and calling. It's about being "less" so he (Jesus) can be more. The term "ministry" is taken from the Latin minister “servant, attendant”, which itself was derived from minus or less.
".....Christ must increase, but I must decrease."
=============================================
Kaderick broom in hand, "This end is for breaking stuff...." turns broom around, "......and this end is for cleaning up broken stuff."
=============================================
What a crazy busy day Saturday was! Sunday prep, yard work, house work, laundry, cooking and baking, and reorganizing and emptying a storage room so it can become an office/study. Hubby was after me to be careful climbing around on chairs etc and what happens?? He gets up on the ladder and promptly falls. The jury is still out on whether he broke anything or not but he’s pretty sore. We just put him on ice and gave him a book on pastoral homiletics for now. 
Yesterday was also insane beginning with a trip to Boise to see a surgeon about the good old gall bladder. He said there’s a 70% it would help me a lot to remove it and a slim chance it could make things a lot worse. Sigh...what to do?? Decisions can't be made that fast, so off to run some errands, then a funeral for the mother of a friend of ours followed by a little grocery shopping and that followed up with a huge migraine! Thankfully, the migraine was over in 3-4 hours because of my wonderful neurologist who first told me to take alkaseltzer for them. Works like a charm every time!!
Now everyone is hungry again. Think They’ll be happy with cold cereal?? Yeah, me either.
Yesterday was also insane beginning with a trip to Boise to see a surgeon about the good old gall bladder. He said there’s a 70% it would help me a lot to remove it and a slim chance it could make things a lot worse. Sigh...what to do?? Decisions can't be made that fast, so off to run some errands, then a funeral for the mother of a friend of ours followed by a little grocery shopping and that followed up with a huge migraine! Thankfully, the migraine was over in 3-4 hours because of my wonderful neurologist who first told me to take alkaseltzer for them. Works like a charm every time!!
Now everyone is hungry again. Think They’ll be happy with cold cereal?? Yeah, me either.
Well, it's been a doozy, but we made it! Already getting a good start to this new week.
You guys do the same and remember that every day is a true gift!




0 comments:
Post a Comment