Monday, April 9, 2018

Around the World in One Week

So, no one in our family really went around the world in one week, but some days it sure feels like it. Rick's new job took him to his first official BAM (branch account manager) meeting in Dallas TX for a few days this week. There are two of these meetings each year, always in a different part of the country. He got lucky this time and got to have lunch with his sister and a nephew before taking off from the airport.
 
 
Kammy says their hair and noses match. Coming from Kammy, that's not an insult at all. She also has a "Bork nose" and is very proud of it. I think Rick and Becky look enough alike to be twins. Personally, I'm loving all the gray. It makes a guy look so distinguished in my book. Of course Rick tried to say that he's not really that gray, that Becky was casting a gray aura over the whole photo (mean brother) but if I can look that good gray, I will be happy! I was thrilled for them that they got to have lunch together. I love when brothers and sisters can be friends for life and I certainly miss my brother!
 
Of course we missed daddy. He's rarely gone overnight as most of his trips are day trips and often we get to tag along when they aren't. We had no problems staying busy though. A family with four students and a Kaderick is NEVER dull or boring. Mini always has plenty of time for relaxing. Here she is just chilling in the hammock with her sock monkey.
 
 
Kaite will be finishing 3rd grade this week. She is excited that she will be done before her birthday. Kammy has about 3 weeks left and Kalli a little over a month. We are still waiting to see if Kayla was accepted in the nursing program. I have mixed feelings. It would be unusual for her to be chosen this soon, but with her grades it could happen. This will make a huge difference in her schedule next year one way or the other, but I'm sure she will stay busy either way. She's close to having her car paid off and is such a responsible young lady. Shamless bragging. We are so proud of how she's not ashamed to be a Christian at work or college and is even reaching out to others with invites to church and showing the love of Jesus. Being "different" doesn't bother her whether it is regarding appearance or something as simple as not having all the latest gadgets.
Obviously we are thankful for all of our kiddos, it just so happens that this post only focused on a couple of them. We have to take turns to be fair ya know. :)
Kayla is spending the morning at a cadaver lab today, her second trip. She said the smell is the worst. She was pretty excited because last time she got to hold a "work" a real human joint and hold a well....decapitated head in her hands. The table talk in your home definitely changes when you have a future nurse on your hands.
 
Rick is cleaning out his office at work today so we will be configuring some space for a home office. I wonder if he will learn to use it to study as well? He usually studies best right in the middle of all the noise and chaos. He is excited about having a more open schedule for ministry I know that. I also know him working from home is going to take some getting used to for me. All that gray hair is quite distracting. WINK WINK.
 
Kaite and Kaderick were hopping around the house the other day with their arms shaped into squares...or as close to squares as they could get anyway. Kaite said, “I’m teaching Kaderick how to square dance.” Obviously we aren’t very dance literate around here.
 
I'll close with a couple of recent pictures Kammy has drawn. These take her a few to several hours, but she is AMAZING for 12!
 
 
 
Thanks for tagging along with me during my "therapy" time. Someday when I'm old with nothing to do, I'm going to love looking back on all these memories. For now I'm off....laundry to fold, dishes to wash, braces to tighten, moles to remove, spelling words to give, grass to mow, a budget to balance, bills to pay, funeral flowers to order, an ear to a friend in need, supper to cook, papers to grade, piano to practice, and toilets to scrub!
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27