Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Putting the Garden to Bed


 
I think it is safe to say that fall in all it's glorious color is here! This is what we see out our back windows now. We've had frost a few times and it was time to put the garden to bed for the winter. The girls helped me and we picked 21 winter squash, lots of tomato and several onion to put away in the garage for use through the winter.
 
 
These boots were a birthday gift from my parents close to 10 years ago and boy have they gotten a workout over the years. They are still in great shape and clean up so nicely!
 
 
I'm already excited about what I can put in here come spring!
 
 
While we were busy tucking the garden in, the littles played in the leaves under Mini's watchful care.
 
 
It was a beautiful day! I'm convinced that yard and garden work are my therapy. It always does my heart and spirit good! Today was my cell flow test. It was easy for me....just a blood draw but now they will be putting it in a machine that imitates my veins and watching the cells. It's amazing what they can do, I'm just a little anxious about what they will find. Unusual cells are not usually a real good thing. The muscle pain has been almost unbearable of late and I haven't even done anything unusual to deserve it activity wise.
 
 
Finally, I leave you with a sneak peek of our fall family photos. We buckled down and got them done before the really cold weather and snow they are forecasting for our winter hits us. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to photograph 7 people and the pets with a camera timer? REALLY DIFFICULT! This little man was a piece of cake though. Just can't get any cuter than that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27