First of all, Happy Sunday! It was a chilly 23* here this fall morning which made me want fire in the fireplace and also made me thankful that the garden was all tucked in for winter. Thank you all for keeping me in your prayers. I made the mistake of googling a "flow cytometry" test and saw that it is "an extensive test used to diagnose types of blood cancer." Well, that was a little disconcerting and then the same day, my mom's dialysis fistula quit working and she was unable to have her treatment. Some days are just like that, right? Please also keep my mom in your prayers as well, we will know more on Monday about the fistula and how they plan to fix/repair it. Or like I said, maybe it will work and my test will be negative on Monday or maybe Jesus will come back. I'm okay with any of those options.
And now, a bit lighter reading....
I read the following comment regarding our president, "Our country is at steak with this man." I showed Kammy and she said, "Yeah, lets go eat steak to celebrate that Donald Trump is our president
Just this, if you're going to make rash statements regarding politics, maybe try to spell it right at least. Even my homeschool kids know better, Haha!
I was doing laundry today and ironing this particular shirt when I went back in time about 23 years. I was suddenly 16, sitting at a Golden Corral with my date and a bunch of other young people. Someone dared me to reach over and pull the little tab on the back of my dates shirt. It was silly, but back then, doing such was like saying "I love you." The tab on my own shirt was quickly tugged in return as our friends gasped in laughter and a bit of disbelief. I'd only met my date a few days prior to this event even though we'd been talking on the telephone and writing snail mail letters for several months and no one could believe that we were old enough or wise enough to know our hearts so soon. Unbeknownst to them, this was not the first tab pulling to happen and certainly not the last. Here we are 23 years later and we still "pull each other's tabs" so to speak. This shirt btw, doesn't have a tab, but where the tab would be, it has a cute little heart with "RB" engraved on it, and those just happen to be the initials of my "date."
Is that not the cutest thing you've seen all day? The pink recycle bin came from the $ tree. Kammy made the Barbie sized Walmart bag from a real Walmart bag. I'm impressed. Ken is taking out the trash. Looks like he might be on baby duty. He hair is a bit disheveled. Haha.




0 comments:
Post a Comment