Sunday, October 1, 2017

Kaderick: Whew! Sure glad I'm a Christian! The devil throws the not Christians in the fire pit!
Kaite: Yeah, and it's a blue flame, too, because blue is the hottest.
 Mom and Dad are happy that their boy knows that Jesus doesn't throw people in the fire pit. The devil does. Jesus has compassion, snatching them out and hating even the smell. I've had grown ups ask why God would send a person the hell....well, even my four year old knows he doesn't! Only the devil does that, and only when you choose him! #parentingwin!

Last week, Rick had to go to Twin for a couple of days for a Loomis project and he took along his cook. We camped out and I enjoyed cooking in the outdoors and teaching school in the cozy camper. No interuptions, and Kaderick either played with his firemen or diligently did "school' himself.  Kayla kept the home fires burning while we were away.


This was one of our favorite meals. Italian Sausage, Spinach and Ravioli Soup
 

 
Ground Italian sausage, onion and garlic. When that was cooked, I added a jar of tomatoes, chicken broth, and ravioli until cooked, then  tossed in fresh spinach, cream and grated Parmesan and ground pepper. Garlic bread on the side.
 
The Grilled Hot Ham and Cheese was a kiddo favorite.

 
So simple, just ham and provolone on Hawaiian sweet rolls with a sauce of brown sugar, butter, Dijon and minced onion.
 
I also made a huge pot of Jambalaya which was quickly devoured by Loomis employees and construction crews.
 
The day before leaving for Twin, I made a triple batch of Cowboy Candy. Last year was my first year making candied jalapenos and I only made one batch. Rick said it wasn't enough, so we went with three this year.  My face and hands burned for a few days, so he better know how much I love him! Haha!
 
 
All the kids love being at daddy's work and drawing on the big whiteboard. Kaderick is just getting to where he can draw well. I love his little swordfish and ocean creatures.
 
 
And finally, here's my latest edition of drama. My oncologist/hematologist was very kind and concerned. He sees no sign of blood cancers such as leukemia or lymphoma, and strongly suspects autoimmune disease. However; my lymphocytes (cancer and other blood infection fighting cells) are still dangerously low, so we need to find out why and where they are all being used. I'm about 12 vials of blood and 1200 dollars lighter. I return to Dr Chawla in two weeks unless the labs reveal something profound before then. Thanks for your prayers! One day at a time....just like anyone else.
 
 
These leaves were just casually lying in our front yard. They are gorgeous this fall! I don't know if it was the harsh winter, or what, but conditions are perfect for phenomenal color changes this season! 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27