Well, it has finally come, the day her daddy dreaded. Kayla's facebook post went something like this,
"In a relationship with #Skully. He's patiently waiting for me to get through nursing school. Love his bones!"
Kayla is loving anatomy class! She is so excited as she will get to attend a real cadaver lab soon. She loves all of her professors this semester, in fact a couple even homeschool their kids and are Bible thumping, gun totting conservatives.
The Spoon I Trust
Kaderick used to love Elmo, and while he has outgrown that phase and moved on, he still refers to his Elmo spoon as
"The spoon I trust."
Personally, I don't trust any of them, they're all out to make me fat.
Personally, I don't trust any of them, they're all out to make me fat.
I notice and love simple things, but you have to admit that there is nothing simple about this leaf from our backyard. It's caught right smack dab in the most beautiful phase of change. No photo edits, it really was that pretty! Kammy has been studying living and nonliving things and simple and complex systems and plants with conducting systems, so this was perfect!
I was going to say that this is what I do when I'm not busy giving spelling words, but honestly, I gave spelling words while I made this jelly. It was Kammy--she's just recently gotten to be really fantastic at spelling!
I love that our children "can" learn at my side! (pun intended)
I would not miss these days with them for anything! Homeschool was not something I grew up with, or ever thought I'd be doing, but now I wouldn't have it any other way.
I'm trying to make up enough jalapeno jelly to sell to all the Loomis people who always want to buy a jar after the company holiday party when Rick takes it served with cream cheese and wheat thins. I have 15 jars in the pantry so far, so I have a long way to go!
One of Kammy's latest drawings. Who knew she could draw things besides horses!?!?
These guys look a little motley, but the caricature is spot on!
Checkup day! No shots now until they are 11. (Yes, we immunize....gasp). I stopped and let them choose prizes after (yes, I do that sometimes too....gasp again) and Kaderick said. "Now mommy gets a prize." I asked why I needed a prize, and he said, "Because every day you take care of us." 
What a little gentleman. His wife might thank me someday.
Hubby needed more supplies for a roof repair job, so off to Home Depot we went. It's Labor Day weekend, so there are way too many people there and I asked, "Ugh! Can I just stay in the truck?"
Hubby jokingly says, "No way, you have to suffer with me!"
So, being the good little wife that I am, I did, and I helped inspect, select and lift boards, but I said,
Hubby jokingly says, "No way, you have to suffer with me!"
So, being the good little wife that I am, I did, and I helped inspect, select and lift boards, but I said,
"If I suffer with you here, I shall also reign with you at Dutch Bros."
And I did.
And I did.
The suffering is worth it, saints--hang in there.
🤣#sunrisetea
#halfsweetkicker
#halfsweetkicker









0 comments:
Post a Comment