I had way too much fun taking Valentine pictures of the little guy. The gun was daddy's when he was a young buck and Kaderick will always treasure it. We're working hard to teach him proper respect and safety, but it's already evident that he will love the sport of hunting.
Kaderick is a great communicator. He has a clear and full vocabulary, especially for barely being two. His doctor is amazed!
The other day, the washer beeped to signal that it was done and he said, "Mommy, wash phone ringing."
He knows almost all his colors. He only gets gray and green mixed up a little as evidenced the other day when he said Gramma's hair was green. Haha.
He's also counting a lot. Daddy, Kaderick and I went through the drive the other day and daddy asked for 2 water cups (I had brought mine from home, so these were for daddy and Kaderick). Kade piped up and corrected daddy, "Three. Me too, mommy too, daddy too."
I used to have a husband to spend evenings with, but now he disappears on the arm of a small boy who says, "Tome mine room play." I don't resent it though, I hope they will always be this close.
Kade and Kayla just got the "mail box." Kade loves the mailman, especially when he delivers to the door. He watched him out the window today and when he drove away without coming to the door, he said, "Oh no....happened?" Now he is reading a sale circular from Paul's Market, "chitten, peas, ceeral, natures, red chitten (steak), onion."
Kayla told him that she's leaving soon to go babysit, "Ohhh, no! Not adin! Peez!"
He had a reaction the other day so he spent a lot of time snuggling with mommy. I never thought about it, but I guess I must tousle his soft hair and croon "poor baby boy" because he kept taking my hand in his and bringing it to his head. Then he'd say, "Peez....poor baby bowie." (wanting me to please say it.)
Yep. He's a man child.....loves the attention and sympathy. ;)
One morning, I picked Kaderick up from bed and looked in the mirror as we exited the room. He looked so sweet snuggling against my shoulder so I stopped and said, "Look at that sweet baby in the mirror." He said, "Sweet....Momma!" I'm telling you, the boy is a charmer.
He frequently hears his sisters tell jokes, so as he and Kaite ate breakfast together, I heard him say, "Knot Knot." Kaite asked him who was there and he said, "Elmo!" Then they laughed like it was the funniest joke ever.
I have the best job!
Kaite and Kaderick have gotten really close lately as Kade has been playing "bigger" things. Together they are really quite creative and the messes they can make are a sight to behold, but Kaite is really good at cleaning up after them.....Kaderick is still in the learning phase. LOL.
Kaite told us the other day that she thinks Kaderick is turning into a kid. (Meaning he's not a baby anymore.)
Shortly after I had my wisdom teeth out, Kaite very sweetly hugged me and said, "It's okay, mommy. I still love you and always will." I was a little baffled... "Why, honey? What's okay?" She replied, "It's okay that you're not smart anymore since you had your wisdom teeth out. I don't need a smart mommy, I just need you."
Kammy has done a lot of growing lately. She's gotten real helpful on a volunteer basis lately. She seems to have officially graduated to big girl status, although she does still enjoy her play time with Kaite whenever they can slip away without little brother. =)
Overheard from Kalli while on the computer: "Sigh....here I am arguing with a pile of microchips and plastic." Kalli still keeps us laughing perhaps the most with her somewhat dry wit. She's a scream. You'll notice two watches in the photo above, she has a ready answer for anyone who questions her. "Let not your right hand know what your left hand doeth." Just because her right hand knows what time it is, doesn't mean her left hand does. Silly girl.
Kayla is a "junior and a half" in high school. She's got a babysitting job, works out a lot, piano practice, (both girls are playing in festival this spring) and of course, she still lends me a hand frequently around the house.
We're not taking a spring break this year, but we are anxiously awaiting a little cabin in the snow get-away next month. Home school is awesome....we can skip a couple of small field trips and spring break for a few days in the mountains and no one cares!
The girls and I made this fun argyle sweater valentine wreath the other day.
And the smaller girls helped make the valentine tree here. Daddy carved and finished the stump with sweet sentiments.
One more project was the coffee filter wreath and roses we did. Valentine cookies are on the agenda.
All the hearts and love keep things cozy in these long, cold, winter weeks.

1 comments:
Your children are beautiful! Your little fellow is growing up very fast. Happy Valentines to you and yours!
Post a Comment