I am so thrilled to announce my wonderful, red, pallet, Valentine gift!
I've had my awesome front loaders for almost 10 years and I love them. I love the way they clean, the water savings, and well....just pretty much everything about them. However, we never invested in the pedestals for them, and the one thing I didn't really like was how low they were. It just seemed silly to spend a couple hundred dollars each on the drawers to go underneath though.
That's where my talented husband and a few free pallets came into the picture. He also purchased a piece of plywood for this project, but we kept the total cost under $50....much better!
As wonderful as the savings was, the look is even better. I LOVE the solid "counter top" across the top of my washer and dryer. He added a "guard" across the back to keep things from falling behind the machines and was careful to leave the special stamping visible. The underside of the table top is felt lined to protect the finish on the appliances, and there are brackets on each side to keep it from slipping. I chose a bright, cheery, red paint, antiqued it a little and then added a couple coats of polyeurathane finish.
The baskets underneath the pedestals are from Hobby Lobby's 60% off wicker sale and they are a perfect fit!
Yep! I'm pretty much in love with my laundry room...and my husband. Laundry was already one of my favorite chores, but now I know it tops the list!
This = the perfect Valentine. Flowers are great, if your honey can't build, but I'll take my pallets....they're even red!

0 comments:
Post a Comment