Our Valentines tradition has become a family dinner. We still love our dates, we just prefer to avoid the crowds on this particular night and make it a family event! The older the girls get, the more they love being involved in the planning and cooking of special things to please their daddy. I love that they are learning this love language!
We added it up, and this was our 19th Valentine as sweethearts!
How time flies when you are having fun!
Our valentine menu consisted of grilled ribs, baked potatoes, bacon wrapped asparagus, a copy-cat version of Ruth's Chris Steakhouse chopped salad, home-made rolls and white chocolate raspberry cheesecake for dessert. I learned how to add the raspberry with a medicine dropper and drag a toothpick through it to make hearts. So fun--and so yummy! Everyone loved it--even the little girl who "used to not like cheesecake!"
A couple of years ago, we re-did the master bedroom for our anniversary and I am still in love with it! Our coverlet, however, was several years old and showing it's wear, so we invested in a new one this year. It's completely opposite of the old one which was a light eggshell color, but we both approve! I like that I can change bedding without the whole room having to change decor.
It's also that time of year when I purge the closets and organize things that my husband says are already organized. It's the time of year to donate, pass-down and move a few things to the trailer for camping clothes. I also make a list of things/colors we need -- it helps us to remember not to buy things just because they call our name -- only buy the items/colors needed. The fact that all clothes have to hang the same way, no empty hangers are allowed in between, and where possible clothes should be color organized is just standard procedure, right? I'm not sick am I?
School is going quite well. I am so blessed with dedicated students which makes my job soooo much easier!I wanted to share this picture of Kammy's cursive. I think it is so pretty! She has become quite the little ray of sunshine and is always saying something to make us smile.
The other day she said, "I am so hungry I am seeing mirages. There for a minute, I thought my water bottle was a giant chicken leg!"
She also told me, "...about that thing you have been begging daddy to do--I think you're gonna have to move that begging up to nagging!"
Kaite has recently learned about food courses and dishes. She said, I think Kaderick thinks mommy is his main-dish!"
Oh! And the things you learn while combing her pair is priceless! She said, "It's just crazy! In the olden days they used to tell if your were a boy or a girl by whether you were pink or blue when you were born. And you know what else??? In the olden days, they used to call potties toilets!!!"
When she gets tired at night, she says, "Is it time to pray to God now?" Note: We really aren't in the habit of praying to anyone else around here. Smile.
Kaderick has been successful in keeping our entire family busy. He is always on the go--but we are thankful for that and thankful that most times he seems to feel good in spite of his itching and reflux. He has taken to giving things rides on his 4-wheeler, unloading the kitchen cabinets, playing in the toilet, standing up on the back of his rocking horse, climbing on anything and everything and plunging his little hands into drawers (even those above his head) and taking a fist-full of whatever he can grab. He has to be watched constantly because he does not always remember his allergies and will eat french fried onions (or anything else he can find) right out of the container and suffer for it later. He even sampled the dog treats. He already runs around barking like a doggie a good portion of his day, but after the dog treats, he was scratching as well!
It's not all bad though--he also preaches.







3 comments:
I color code Brent's and my shirts also. So much easier to find the right color.
Cute comments. My husband and daughter cracked up when they read this. =)
~Heather~
LOL...how adorable.
We choose to have our Valentine's Day dinner another night also. What a yummy meal you made. Oh, and your comforter is beautiful!
Post a Comment