Thursday, February 6, 2014

Our Valentines

 
 
I kinda love these kiddos.
 
 
Kade is almost 14 months old. Managing his mastocytosis quite well. He takes his meds willingly. I think he knows they help him. He is eating a little better and weighs almost 27 pounds. He still prefers momma best--I could tell some real funny stories, but I'll keep the blog nice and family friendly.
Kade says several words like Da, Ma-mom, Aya for Kayla, num num, hello, and uh oh. He waves bye-bye, barks like a puppy dog, plays peek-a-boo, and nods his head yes and no.
He is a busy guy. He climbs on the couch and chairs, empties his toy bins and any other drawers or cabinets he can reach, pulls his sisters hair, pushes anything he can budge, climbs his dresser drawers, plays in the toilets, and has a strange attraction to the vacuum cleaner.
He is happy. We love to see his smile and hear his laugh.

 
Kaite is excited about her birthday that is coming in a few months. She would like to go to school this fall, but momma is thinking she should be a baby a bit longer. Maybe pre-school. She wrote her ABC's the other night and loves to color and learn. She is a pretty loveable little gal.

 
Kam is doing great in school. She made us laugh the other day when she was listing her greatest fears--"clowns, robots, automatic flushing toilets and bills."
She is still praying desperately for a horse or pony. We planned to go and look at one the other night and it sold just as we were leaving. She was pretty disappointed--cried a little, and then said, "I know Jesus has the right pony for me--I will always remember what momma said When God shuts a door, he opens a window." Her faith is inspiring.
She had some disappointments lately and handled a situation like a real Christian girl. She has such a beautiful forgiving spirit and wouldn't think to hold a grudge. I hope she never learns--I sure don't plan to teach her!


 
These two girls are growing up before my eyes. Sometimes they are more my friends than my daughters. They really do help keep me sane. I have no complaints regarding teenagers at this point. I suppose I'm prejudiced, but I think they are lovely as well.
 
Love.
Bears all things,
Believes all things,
Hopes all things,
Endures all things.
Love.
Never fails.
Love = My family.
 I am so thankful for them!

2 comments:

Laura Engle

Happy Valentines! Your family is so beautiful!

Pamela

I could never understand why people complained so much about teenagers. I so enjoyed my daughter's teenage years. And yes...so much my friends -- then and now. Delightful pictures.

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27