I've not done too well keeping up with my blog here lately. I guess I had a little case of the blog blahs. =) We have been busy though...Rick was in DC on business for a week, we had not one, but TWO yard sales, sewed a lot, visited the zoo and went back to school.
Then of course, there is the garden. Harvest is upon us! I've enjoyed the fresh vegetables and fruits so much this year! We have had an abundance of zuccini and yellow squash. I've put up close to 20 gallons of that in an assortment of shredded and sliced for various recipes. Squash is one of our families favorite vegetables--there are so many yummy ways to prepare it! We also put up some carrots, corn and salsa. We have enjoyed fresh peaches and lots and lots of tomatoes!
I've been fighting with my daughter's dog over the jalapenos all year, but I did end up winning, I think. We did 9 pints of jalapeno jelly. Now, before you judge it....have you ever had it!?!?! It is soooo yummy with cream cheese and wheat thins crackers!
I was looking for a footstool to put in our room when I ran across this idea on pinterest. I LOVE pinterest, by the way. Hubby helped me out and we put together this cute bucket one. I love that the top comes off for storage and it looks so good in our room!
We've also been working on Kaderick's room. Little by little, it is getting there. Daddy bought the stuffed deer head at Sportsman's Warehouse and the sign is one I made (at the time just for fun) on our recent camp-out!
Daddy mooched an old pallet off of our neighbor and made it into a boat dock syle shelf. This hangs above the changing table. I love it! I want to use either wall words or make a rustic sign to hang above it that says, "Bear bottoms changed here!"
I made the tent above his crib with some sticks and canvas. It's really much cuter in person, when you can see the stitching and detail. I also did the curtains to the right and daddy painted the shelf above it. I'll get a better picture of all that when it's all complete. The lantern is an antique....not sure exactly how old, but some 50+ years. It's been in the family for a long time.
We got a little bassinet off craigslist and I made the denim bumper and george sheet for it. Curious George there in the corner was daddy's. =) This is in our room, next to that new footstool and the rocker! =)
I'm 27 weeks, with 12 weeks to go! I am very miserable! I honestly have never felt this way before with the exception of my 2nd pregnancy when I was 2 weeks late...and maybe the last few weeks with # 3. I guess you feel it more every time. I will be seeing the dr every 2 weeks from here on out with frequent peeks at baby. I have a little extra fluid and a unique situation with the umbelical cord so they are keeping a close eye on us. So far, things look great, but I do appreciate your prayers! He was in the 56th percentile for growth at the last ultrasound and from all appearances seems quite healthy and happy. It does seem that he might not like to wait until his due date, so as of right now, I am supposed to be "taking it easy...." Not bedrest, thank the Lord--just lots of rest and down time. I'm so thankful for my family who helps me keep things running smoothly. There is nothing worse for me than having to lay and look at a mess!
Photography credits for the last two pictures go to Kammy! She said that she loves taking pictures--what 6 year old doesn't?
We have the house decorated for fall now and are enjoying the cooler temperatures and yummy smells and tastes in the kitchen! I have a big to-do list to work through in the next 12 weeks or less....Christmas shopping, Christmas clothes, Christmas decorating and baking, lots and lots of school, and of course, finishing up Kaderick's room!








4 comments:
Hi Karen, You look wonderful! I'm glad you ONLY have 12 weeks to go, the due date will suddenly be upon you. You are blessed to have such a wonderfully supportive family, I know I would not be able to be laid up and have to look at a mess, I would be up and about cleaning it up...take good care of yourself, dear girl!
Kaderick's room look fabulous! I love the stuffed deer head and the little tent is genius!
Hugs and prayers, Cindy
You've got everything looking good! And I'm loving your idea for above the changing table - that's a good one ;) I remember saying often how I must be getting old with that last one - it was like every little thing made me feel miserable. So I totally understand what you're feeling ;) Hope the 12 wks goes by FAST!
Congrats on all of the garden goodies y'all got put up. I know that is WORK...especially right now.
Wow! 12 weeks to go. For me (I know it has crawled by for you)...it seems like just yesterday that I read that y'all were expecting. You are looking cute. I'm sorry you are feeling miserable. I'm praying for you. I had a December baby, and 2 Jan. babies, so I know all about trying to get ready for Christmas...wondering JUST WHEN baby will decide to come. =)
Love your bucket-stool idea. And his nursery is very CUTE! =)
Have a wonderful week.
~Heather~
I know that I am rather late to be writing a comment, but I just wanted to assure you that you look really great...you don't look like you should be miserable at all yet:)...but I know looks are really deceiving!
No wonder your doc had to put you on "rest and relax" orders after all that canning, etc....I understand though just how hard it is to sit still. I hate twiddling my thumbs.
Your lil' guys room looks so awesomely guyish:)
Praying everything goes well for you and your lil' man arrives safe and sound!
Post a Comment