Tuesday, October 9, 2012

30 weeks! 9 to go!

Kaderick's room is just about ready for him. I know I already posted some pics, but now that it's complete, I will give you the "history." The crib was a big-sister hand-me-down. We weren't "planning" any more babies, and it was on my list of things to sell this fall. =) Of course, I am very happy that we didn't and even happier that God planned this little guy for us!
The lantern is an antique snagged from my parents basement. The tent I made from sticks and canvas fabric. The trees were decorating our camp trailer (but it hardly misses them.) The laundry basket has been in the family several years and wears it's 4th coat and new paint color with pride. I made his crib set including the red plaid flannel sheet which is my favorite!
Here is a close-up of the crib blanket, you also see that boppy got a new coordinating cover and I made several little burp clothes, wash clothes and receiving blankets.
 For some reason, this was the hardest room ever to photograph. The lighting was never right! The little end table was my great Grandma's. I found the owl lamp at Gordman's and daddy made a little stump to perch him on.
The shelf above the window is one we brought from a previous house. It doubles as a curtain rod and I made the burlap and flannel curtain for it. Someday I suppose the shelf will hold toys/items of Kaderick's choice, but for now it sports a duck painted by my Grandma Germain, pinecones gathered in the great Idaho outdoors and some greenery from Hob Lob.
 As previously mentioned, daddy bought the little deer head at Sportsman's Warehouse and mommy painted the "Camp Kade" sign. The little green camp chair was mine and all the other items were saved from a day when we had a cabin themed family room. I really did this room on the cheap--by shopping the house and just making things work. I love how it turned out and how the items have meaning rather than just going out and buying something for the simple fact that it was "cute."
 A neighbor was getting rid of an old pallet and daddy thought it would make a great boat-dock style shelf. I painted the saying on the side of the canoe there. (All pictures enlarge when clicked.) The hunting dog on the top of the shelf is one I painted and gave to Rick on his 19th birthday--yes, that's been a few years ago! We picked up the red plaid jacket at a thrift store and the fishing basket holding diapers at Walmart.
The total cost breakdown is less than $250, and if you have checked nursery stuff lately, you know what a deal that is!
 Now for the update on mommy. It's not uncommon for me to put on 40-50 pounds with each baby. So far (knock on wood) it comes off easily in the first year or less. This time, I am up about 36 pounds with the biggest 9 weeks still ahead of me! Oh well. It is true that I am carrying about twice the normal amount of amniotic fluid and also this little Mr. is not predicted to be tiny. I far prefer the way photo two looks to photo one, but I fear that one is more the way I really look. I know it is more the way I feel!
There has been alot of fear on my part over the extra fluid and all the possible side effects to both me and baby. Dr is watching us pretty close. We have had an ultrasound every two weeks for the last 10 weeks. We are always so thankful when we see that he is growing normally and there are no apparent problems otherwise. We did discover that we have SUA (single umbilical artery) which basically means that of the 3 veins normally there, we only have two. This can cause growth problems, but OBVIOUSLY has not been the case thus far. We were also relieved at our last ultrasound to see that the fluid had gone down just a little bit...it was just a few cm below what they consider "dangerous." Praying for more good news next week! Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement as well!
Bye for now! =)
 
 
Photobucket
 

4 comments:

Dreamin'

I really like your little man's room!! :) I am sure you are all very excited for him to arrive....

The Dickinsons

Karen, LOVED this post. Your lil' man's nursery is just adorable! And I love it that most of it are things that have meaning...that makes it all the more special. Love the little sign painted above his changing station, the little coat, the tree in the corner, your lawn chair, etc. etc. It's all so CUTE! You did great!

And you, are looking REALLY cute! I know, you may not feel it, for I didn't with #3 (who weighed in at 10 lbs. 6.7 oz) and with #4 who the nurses estimated that I was carrying an extra 25-30 LBS of FLUID with him. I looked like an elephant both times. =) But, you are looking great, and I'm praying for you these last weeks. I hope they FLY by for y'all! Praying' that God keeps His hand on you and the little Mr.

Thanks for your comment on my pumpkin patch. Your comment about needing to tear them apart if you don't go shopping soon...made me laugh right out-loud! (And it reminded me that I had planned to say that I'm sure Phillip hopes that I don't make any more T.P. pumpkins, or we'll run out. =)

Have a super weekend in Jesus!
~Heather~

Pamela

I've been haunting your blog to see how you were doing. I was pretty sure you were "nesting." I started gaining 30 with my first baby and added 10 for each girl. I was always glad I didn't have 10! (For that reason only). Praying the next 9 weeks will be problem free.

Cindy

Your babies room looks wonderful and I love the pallet on the wall. Karen, you look beautiful, I hope you're feeling healthy. God is good and He knows all, aren't you glad you still have your girls crib? It's so nice to hand down baby furniture.
Hugs, Cindy

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27