Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Church Campout!

Here are a few pictures from our church's annual campout.
 The forest fires really messed with our plans this year. We had some sweet reservations and at the last minute, the roads (and later the entire campground) were closed due to fires. We thought for a while that we'd have to cancel, but God was good to us and gave a nice place at a cheaper price, even!
 We had a good group--28 in total. 29 if you count baby--and we definitely say that he counts!
 We had great crafts for the kids....I so appreciate all the help in this area. It really took a load off of me!
 Great food! I had lots of help in this area too, and more food than it was possible for even hungry campers to eat!
 My husband did a faboulous job with the Bible lessons. The theme was the blind man and he really made him come alive before us. I'll be posting a link soon for a re-cap of what we learned.
 The weather was about as perfect as you can ask for, and little to no bugs. We were not bothered by all the smoke either. In fact, I think it was worse here in the valley than where we were.
 The boys fished and swam and played horseshoes.
 We had water balloon fights and went on nature hikes.
 Some of the crafts were edible, which just made them that much better.
 I tried to take a picture of my "little man tummy" and the yummy omelettes.
 Marshmallow roasts were a special treat each night.
 Of course, there was plenty of time for R & R!
 The camp kitchen!
 Two of my little ones, sitting on the camp "stage."
 The falls.
Sunrise.
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

Cindy

Oh my, it looks so fun! I would love to go to a campout like that. I love the outdoors and miss having fun in it. I've never been a tent camper, but when we lived in British Columbia our district owned their own campgrounds and we had a nice big fifth wheel out there and it was so much fun! I miss it terribly.
Your little ones had a lot of fun, I can see and I'm sure the Bible lessons were very interesting.
Have a wonderful week. Are you feeling a lot better now that you are farther on in your pregnancy? I hope so.
Hugs, Cindy

The Dickinsons

Looks like you had a wonderful church camping trip. Looks and sounds like so MUCH FUN! Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed seeing all of your fun pics. =)

~Heather~

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27