First of all, thank you so much for all of your sweet and encouraging comments! Your comments truly make my day--especially right now when it doesn't take much to make or break a day! Today I am trying to muster the strength to finish my planting. Most of my plants are in and most are doing quite well so far, but I have several seed packets and some fresh turned dirt waiting on me. I guess I need to tie a bucket around my neck and go get at it. *smile/sigh*
As part of my Mother's Day gift, hubby built the very cool rustic backdrop behind the grill there. The previous owners/renters/someone had let the grill get too hot too close to the house and melted a bit of the vinal siding. This covers that ugly spot and also prevents it from happening on our watch. It's pretty dandy looking and has a shelf on top for plants and herbs or whatnot and even hooks to hang utinsils on while grilling.
Also, you may have noticed the little picture on the left side of my blog--hubby entered me in a Mother's Day contest for our local newspaper and I won! First Place in the Family Fun Division! The prize was $100 to spend at the Mall here in town, $35 towards spa treatments, free cupcakes from Miss Ellie's, dinner at Texas Roadhouse, a 30 minute session with a professional photographer, and a very nice cosmetic bag with soaps and lotions from Body Be Well. I'm pretty excited to get to feeling better so I can claim some of my prizes! It's a good thing that nothing expires for at least 90 days, because I sure can't get out to do anything now!
Kalli and Rick planted a lot of flowers for me last Friday. They all look so pretty and the weather has been perfect! Every once in a while I just have to venture away from the little sick room and take in the fresh air while I enjoy the beauty of spring!
All my girls are back home now! Kammy was the only one who really got very sick. Doctor gave all of them (and daddy) an antiobiotic so they could come back home and not risk exposing Mommy and baby to strep.


2 comments:
Love the backdrop for your grill! That is seriously cool =) I confess...I've melted a tiny little piece of our own siding. Oops! Maybe I need one of those, too, huh?!
Congrats! on winning! How fun is that?! I hope you will soon be well enough to enjoy your fun prizes! =)
Love the handy little back drop behind your grill. Clever!
I'm praying for you and your little one. I hope you are having a good day. (P.S. I was SO NAUSEATED last week, that I thought I was joining you in this "baby thing." But, it turns out it's my gallbladder acting up. =)
Blessings,
~Heather~
Post a Comment