Kaite Weslee
She is named after her daddy, middle name is Wesley and her Uncle Brian, middle name is Lee.
Her favorite color is purple.
She loves all things princess and calls herself "Princess Kaite!"
Kaite loves her little blue bed, so I figured why not use it as a prop in her pictures? Kaite was/is, by far, our most difficult child in many ways. She hates to sleep. Always has. She had a very hard time learning to go to bed and stay there, so I really had my doubts that she would make good on it when she told me that if I painted her bed blue, she would stay there. But, it worked--she loves her little bed! She also likes to read in bed. Book after book after book and she's neat a picky about putting them away after she reads them, unless she falls asleep in the middle of one.
I'm her mother, so naturally I think this, but she is beautiful. She was such a pretty baby too--no ugly newborn looks here! She gave herself a real good haircut about a month ago, and I've had to get creative in attempt to cover up her butcher job. Love her little profile here. She is a bit worried, but that's really not a new expression for her, she wears a "concerned" or should I say, disagreeable look quite often.
She walked at 8 months and 2 days and has been into things nonstop ever since. It's not as bad as you might think though. She is neat by nature and will almost always pick up one thing and put it away before moving on to another, As mentioned, she loves to cut. She also like drawing. She is pretty good eater and she loves to drink water. She has 3 water cups who are special to her. They are, bowt wawa, Kaite wawa, and at Grandma's house the special cup is yellow wawa. When going to sleep, she has to have her special owl pillow that I made her and one or more of her favorite animals: Grace, a lamb and Clover, a cat.
Kaite is a homebody. Even on a picnic with the family or at Grandma's house, she will soon start asking to go home. She's a real loner. She doesn't like meeting new people and often not old ones. She is very excited for her birthday party, but when I asked her who she wanted to invite, she said "NO ONE!"
She may well be the "girliest" of all our girls. She doesn't like to get dirty, whether it is outside dirt, or sticky food. She often props her food on the edge of her plate and lifts the plate to her mouth in order to avoid messy hands. She likes to play with her sister Kammy's plastic pole and fish in the bathtub, but has to have someone take the fish off the "hook" for her--she screams and squeals and simply refuses to touch the little plastic things.
Kaite likes all her family members (most of the time) but she really LOVES her mother. You really can't say I spoiled her though--because she was born this way. In the hospital, we'd send her to the nursery so we could rest and pretty soon, we'd hear her screams ricocheting down the hall. A nice nurse would deliver her to our door saying, "She is just starved!" Kaite wasn't starved though--she just wanted mommy to hold her, then all was fine. In spite of her snuggly nature though, she is not a "rocker." When she was tiny or best luck with getting her to sleep was a car ride. In the first few months, daddy took her on as many as 3 rides a night--all hours of the night. It was so frustrating to sneak her in and quietly tip-toe back to bed only to be awakened within 10 minutes. When I say that she did not sleep well, I mean she did not sleep well. 2-3 hours in a row was a miracle and she's only had the occasional (and accidental) nap since she was 8 months old.
I've had many people tell me that the above photo looks like me. I think she does favor me the most of all our girls. She is particular and opinionated. Of course that is not why she favors me--I'm sure she got that trait elsewhere. =) She will not wear jean skirts and does not like skirts with the bloomer type pants attached. I do like them. I love that they keep their little bottoms covered. She is very particular about her clothing and comes up with the most interesting reasons for veto-ing things.
I asked her what she liked best about her birthday and she said, "CANDLES!" Daddy took her to pick out some candles at Walmart while mommy was doing some other shopping and she chose purple ones. If you ask her what she wants for her birthday, she will tell you the same thing 100 times in a row, "Purple cake with purple candles!"

4 comments:
I really enjoyed reading this!! She is a doll that is for sure, and it sounds like she has tons of personality.:)
These pics are perfect! Loved this post, Happy Birthday Kaite!
What a lil' squirt:)...She makes me laugh...I hope you had an awesome B-Day Kaite!
Happy Birthday to Kaite! She does sound like a little character, but a darling one! She is a beautiful little girl.
Hugs, Cindy
Post a Comment