Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Busy, Beautiful, Spring Days!

One of my favorite parts of spring are the flowers. Just as the tulips start to fade here, the lilacs begin to bloom. Nothing smells better than lilacs wafting on the evening spring breezes. I have planted a lilac bush at every one of our houses and then, moved. I think maybe I should take that as a clue and stop planing lilacs. Since I don't have any of my own this year, my mom brought me a lovely bouquet from her house. The smell is so strong that I think I'm actually getting a headache, but I really don't want to admit that.
 Of our four girls, Kammy is the only one with bad teeth. Poor kid, she tries to take good care of them, but they say sometimes it happens no matter. Over the last year or more, she's gone through several major procedures. She loves her dentist and cooperates so well it's amazing. I asked her this time if she was nervous about it, "No," she said. "It's not as bad as throwing up, and doesn't last as long as a cold!"
 I love cloudy days and rain--lately we have had just that. We've also had a few days that were way too warm for my liking. If you enjoy the heat, be thankful! I'd not mind it so bad, but it seems to make my heart "act up" and that really isn't any fun. Yesterday, we had a real gullywasher complete with thunder, lightning and hail. I was sitting on the front porch and snapped this photo just as the rain was starting.
 Over the weekend, we enjoyed working on our garden spots.
 We have abundant rhubarb, so we made some strawberry rhubarb jam.

 and some pie as well. Both turned out super!

Springtime is so beautiful!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Laura Engle

I really didn't learn to enjoy spring until I moved to PA. BC just has so much mud in the spring and not many green or flowering things to speak of, but it does have beautiful summers.
The pie looks so yummy! Strawberry-Rhubarb pie is one of my dad's favorites!
My mom also enjoys those rainy days, but I must say the sun suits me better...that is unless I have a free day with a super book:)
Anyways, enjoyed the post, and happy spring!

Cindy

You have a beautiful yard. It's hard to believe that your rhubarb is ready to be picked already. Mine is up about 6 inches, I really should get some strawberries and make the strawberry-rhubarb jam as soon as it's ready, we love it!
Your pie look so good!
Have a nice evening,
Hugs, cindy

Pamela

I love lilacs, too. They don't get to visit often because I get a headache, too. Sometimes it's just worth it!

Post a Comment

...and underneath are the everlasting arms...Duet. 33:27